Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat?

/ Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat? #1  

mitchelli

My 2007 Kioti is getting a couple very narrow cracks where I guess my butt pushes on the sides of seat. Want to stop it before it becomes a major problem. My first thought was some black Goop. Anyone know of a better fix.

This is off topic, but my 2006 GMC truck has the same problem on the drivers side side of seat you see when you open the door...it is gray and I know they use to be big on vinyl repair kits with little heating irons, teflon patterns, and a range of colors back in the 70's and 80's. I never see this sevice so maybe it doesn't work. thanks,scott

/ Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat? #2  
Vinyl seat repair kits are still available, most any auto store. I'd try that before Goop. Or you could get a new butt!:)

/ Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat? #3  
I got a 1/2" gash on my 2011 DK35 a few weeks after getting it. There were no scuff marks and there was a small groove there, so I think it was a flaw. I am certain I could have had it replaced through warranty but instead covered it with a square of black electrical tape. It holds great. I noticed it starting to let go last summer and replaced it. I imagine I'll have to replace it every year.

/ Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat? #4  
I got a 1/2" gash on my 2011 DK35 a few weeks after getting it. There were no scuff marks and there was a small groove there, so I think it was a flaw. I am certain I could have had it replaced through warranty but instead covered it with a square of black electrical tape. It holds great. I noticed it starting to let go last summer and replaced it. I imagine I'll have to replace it every year.

That reminds me to try using Nashua 398 black duct tape. It is stronger than anything out there, (11mil thick), and once it sticks its there for ever. It's available at H. Depot. It's my go to tape for anything I need held together.

/ Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat? #5  
A good awning, glass or upholstery shop should have a vinyl "welder". Might be worth a call to see what's in your town.

/ Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat? #6  
I use Gorilla brand Duct tape. Holds for about 6 months then starts to fall off....rinse & repeat.

/ Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat? #7  
A good awning, glass or upholstery shop should have a vinyl "welder". Might be worth a call to see what's in your town.

35 years in the upholstery trade and never heard of a "vinyl welder " There is no permanent fix for a cracked seat cover other than replacement .

/ Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat? #8  
Mitchelli,I`ll second the Gorilla tape. I`ve used it for several repair jobs. It sticks like **** and it seems to last a long time!They make a few different colors now but isn`t your seat gray?Why would you want to use black goop? Just wondering if you have a black seat!

/ Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat? #10  

Thats not a vinyl "welder" that type of vinyl repair has been around a long time and used by car dealers to hide a defect , tractor seats for the most part are vacuum formed and the material has no cloth liner to make it strong , will vinyl repair close a crack in a seat ? for a while but your just going to have it crack again next to the repair ,if the seat is that tired and starting to degrade take it to a shop and have it recovered or buy a new one or just throw a piece of duct tape on it and go .