Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat?

My 2007 Kioti is getting a couple very narrow cracks where I guess my butt pushes on the sides of seat. Want to stop it before it becomes a major problem. My first thought was some black Goop. Anyone know of a better fix.

This is off topic, but my 2006 GMC truck has the same problem on the drivers side side of seat you see when you open the door...it is gray and I know they use to be big on vinyl repair kits with little heating irons, teflon patterns, and a range of colors back in the 70's and 80's. I never see this sevice so maybe it doesn't work. thanks,scott

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Default Re: Any fix for hairline cracks in Kioti seat?

Vinyl seat repair kits are still available, most any auto store. I'd try that before Goop. Or you could get a new butt!
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

I got a 1/2" gash on my 2011 DK35 a few weeks after getting it. There were no scuff marks and there was a small groove there, so I think it was a flaw. I am certain I could have had it replaced through warranty but instead covered it with a square of black electrical tape. It holds great. I noticed it starting to let go last summer and replaced it. I imagine I'll have to replace it every year.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by kco View Post
    I got a 1/2" gash on my 2011 DK35 a few weeks after getting it. There were no scuff marks and there was a small groove there, so I think it was a flaw. I am certain I could have had it replaced through warranty but instead covered it with a square of black electrical tape. It holds great. I noticed it starting to let go last summer and replaced it. I imagine I'll have to replace it every year.
    That reminds me to try using Nashua 398 black duct tape. It is stronger than anything out there, (11mil thick), and once it sticks its there for ever. It's available at H. Depot. It's my go to tape for anything I need held together.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

A good awning, glass or upholstery shop should have a vinyl "welder". Might be worth a call to see what's in your town.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

I use Gorilla brand Duct tape. Holds for about 6 months then starts to fall off....rinse & repeat.
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    A good awning, glass or upholstery shop should have a vinyl "welder". Might be worth a call to see what's in your town.
    35 years in the upholstery trade and never heard of a "vinyl welder " There is no permanent fix for a cracked seat cover other than replacement .

Tractor
    kioti dk 40 hst,cub cadet 7265

Mitchelli,I`ll second the Gorilla tape. I`ve used it for several repair jobs. It sticks like **** and it seems to last a long time!They make a few different colors now but isn`t your seat gray?Why would you want to use black goop? Just wondering if you have a black seat!

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    35 years in the upholstery trade and never heard of a "vinyl welder " There is no permanent fix for a cracked seat cover other than replacement .
    Vinyl And Dashboard Repair Kit With Sealant Foam

or

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Thats not a vinyl "welder" that type of vinyl repair has been around a long time and used by car dealers to hide a defect , tractor seats for the most part are vacuum formed and the material has no cloth liner to make it strong , will vinyl repair close a crack in a seat ? for a while but your just going to have it crack again next to the repair ,if the seat is that tired and starting to degrade take it to a shop and have it recovered or buy a new one or just throw a piece of duct tape on it and go .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast