DK45 Work Light

/ DK45 Work Light #1  

dking

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE / Massey Furguson 165
I want to install a worklight on the back of my DK45 (no cab) so i can see where i'm going when blowing snow at night. I picked up a 24w LED light. I found 2 wires (black & red) at the back right hand side of the tractor. I thought they might be for a work light but when i called a local dealer he said they might be for something else and started talking about power testers, running wires, relays, switches, fuses,.... i just want to put a work light on my tractor and I'm not electrically inclined.

Anyone else have any advise on this, it can't be that hard.

/ DK45 Work Light #2  
Those are the work light wires. On off with key switch

/ DK45 Work Light #3  
If the light has a bracket with a stud at the bottom you can put the stud through the hole in the horizontal metal frame piece by the right fender and hook up the wires. Black as ground and red as hot. You could put a switch in the hot leg,(red) to be able to turn off the light during the daytime. If you use a switch get something waterproof.
Can you post a pic of the light and where you got it? :)

/ DK45 Work Light
Thanks. Those were the work light wires. I need to get a switch but man that LED light beats halogen big time. Got it installed just in time for the nor' easter too! This one is 60 degrees and lights up behind the tractor perfectly.

IMG_00000002.jpgIMG_00000003.jpgIMG_00000005.jpg

/ DK45 Work Light #5  
Nice setup! Where did you buy it and did it come with the bracket? How much $?
Thanks,

CM

/ DK45 Work Light
Nice setup! Where did you buy it and did it come with the bracket? How much $?
Thanks,

CM

The price was free - can't beat that! A buddy of mine imports them so he gave me one to try on the tractor but I think they go for around $100. The bracket I found which was perfect, put it up about 6" - just where i wanted it. I think I'll buy a few more and install them this summer.