Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Default Re: DK40SE Cranks But No Start

Hello to the OP. Where are you? You have plenty of suggestions as to what to check waiting on you to update us all...
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Struck Magnatrac 6000, Kioti DK40SE

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    Hello to the OP. Where are you? You have plenty of suggestions as to what to check waiting on you to update us all...
    Hello... I'm still here. Wife started and used the tractor today with no issues but it was warm (in low 40s F). I'll have to check out the glow plugs maybe this weekend when I have time to spend on it.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Does anyone have a schematic to tell me why the starter cranks when the select lever is in gear when it is not supposed to?
    "I don't do landscaping... I do battle with vegetation"

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Schematics are copywrited materials and therefore not allowed to be posted on TBN. You can get a service manual from your Kioti dealer, which will have detailed color schematics.
    As already suggested, you should check the wires running to/from the 'pot' below the gear select lever and let us know what you find.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    Schematics are copywrited materials and therefore not allowed to be posted on TBN. You can get a service manual from your Kioti dealer, which will have detailed color schematics.
    As already suggested, you should check the wires running to/from the 'pot' below the gear select lever and let us know what you find.
    The Pot is 2000 ohm from each end to end. so measure the center to each end and move it and see if it is smooth and does not "Open up" somewhere in the middle. Of course it would vary from near zero to close to 2000 ohms from center to either end as you move it.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor

OK so here is the latest on the issue... tried to crank the engine with the selector lever in gear (L, M, or H) and it begins but quickly cuts out the starter as normal like everyone has explained. Not sure why it didn't before... but, put it into neutral and it starts right up. I got underneath and looked at the wires and connectors to the selector lever pot and there are no problems (frayed, cracked, etc). I didn't bother to take the connectors apart because reach was a bit of a problem and I didn't want to risk damaging a wire or connector trying to get it apart... don't fix what ain't broke right If it acts up and doesn't start again maybe I'll be more intrusive. Right now, everything is seems to be working as it should so no complaining right?

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by JohninCT View Post
    OK so here is the latest on the issue... tried to crank the engine with the selector lever in gear (L, M, or H) and it begins but quickly cuts out the starter as normal like everyone has explained. Not sure why it didn't before... but, put it into neutral and it starts right up. I got underneath and looked at the wires and connectors to the selector lever pot and there are no problems (frayed, cracked, etc). I didn't bother to take the connectors apart because reach was a bit of a problem and I didn't want to risk damaging a wire or connector trying to get it apart... don't fix what ain't broke right If it acts up and doesn't start again maybe I'll be more intrusive. Right now, everything is seems to be working as it should so no complaining right?
    No harm no fowl.
    Murph ------------

What year is your DK40? Kioti had a bad batch of mechanical fuel pumps a few years back (say around 2006).
    I doubt you are having problems with your neutral lock out. You shouldn't be able to crank the motor over at all if the lock out was causing problems.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by ewhyte View Post
    What year is your DK40? Kioti had a bad batch of mechanical fuel pumps a few years back (say around 2006).
    I doubt you are having problems with your neutral lock out. You shouldn't be able to crank the motor over at all if the lock out was causing problems.
    I bought the tractor in the fall of 2009. I don't know when it was manufactured but I'm assuming sometime around 2009.

Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

See: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...ml#post2989844

You do want to know the year your tractor was made (or at least the serial number) because there are numerous design changes from year to year (and sometimes in the same year) which determine which parts fit your machine. Generally, the online parts catalogs (like on the MIE site) are more accurate and current than the service manuals. For example, the only available service manual for my 2006 DK45S shows an engine stop solenoid and injection pump configuration different from my tractor. But the online parts diagrams are right.
    Scott
    Kioti DK45S, KL451 loader, Howse 601S cutter, Phoenix M72S mower, Deere BB5072 Box Scraper, Fit Rite Hydro Top Link

Tractor
    John Deere 5083E

Quote Originally Posted by ewhyte View Post
    I must have had one of these on a DK45. Had to send the pump off to be rebuilt, $750. Kioti wouldn't sell me parts only a whole pump $1,200 with my core being sent back. All the gears were "rounded off" and was an obvious defect in the pump. This tractor is no longer around.

That being said my tractor did something pretty similar to this. The only way we are going to know anything is if there is a fuel line cracked.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234