DK40SE Cranks But No Start

/ DK40SE Cranks But No Start #31  
Hello to the OP. Where are you? You have plenty of suggestions as to what to check waiting on you to update us all...:confused3:

/ DK40SE Cranks But No Start
Hello to the OP. Where are you? You have plenty of suggestions as to what to check waiting on you to update us all...:confused3:

Hello... I'm still here. Wife started and used the tractor today with no issues but it was warm (in low 40s F). I'll have to check out the glow plugs maybe this weekend when I have time to spend on it.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Does anyone have a schematic to tell me why the starter cranks when the select lever is in gear when it is not supposed to?

/ DK40SE Cranks But No Start #33  
Schematics are copywrited materials and therefore not allowed to be posted on TBN. You can get a service manual from your Kioti dealer, which will have detailed color schematics.
As already suggested, you should check the wires running to/from the 'pot' below the gear select lever and let us know what you find.

/ DK40SE Cranks But No Start #34  
Schematics are copywrited materials and therefore not allowed to be posted on TBN. You can get a service manual from your Kioti dealer, which will have detailed color schematics.
As already suggested, you should check the wires running to/from the 'pot' below the gear select lever and let us know what you find.

The Pot is 2000 ohm from each end to end. so measure the center to each end and move it and see if it is smooth and does not "Open up" somewhere in the middle. Of course it would vary from near zero to close to 2000 ohms from center to either end as you move it.

James K0UA

OK so here is the latest on the issue... tried to crank the engine with the selector lever in gear (L, M, or H) and it begins but quickly cuts out the starter as normal like everyone has explained. Not sure why it didn't before... but, put it into neutral and it starts right up. I got underneath and looked at the wires and connectors to the selector lever pot and there are no problems (frayed, cracked, etc). I didn't bother to take the connectors apart because reach was a bit of a problem and I didn't want to risk damaging a wire or connector trying to get it apart... don't fix what ain't broke right ;) If it acts up and doesn't start again maybe I'll be more intrusive. Right now, everything is seems to be working as it should so no complaining right?

/ DK40SE Cranks But No Start #36  
OK so here is the latest on the issue... tried to crank the engine with the selector lever in gear (L, M, or H) and it begins but quickly cuts out the starter as normal like everyone has explained. Not sure why it didn't before... but, put it into neutral and it starts right up. I got underneath and looked at the wires and connectors to the selector lever pot and there are no problems (frayed, cracked, etc). I didn't bother to take the connectors apart because reach was a bit of a problem and I didn't want to risk damaging a wire or connector trying to get it apart... don't fix what ain't broke right ;) If it acts up and doesn't start again maybe I'll be more intrusive. Right now, everything is seems to be working as it should so no complaining right?

No harm no fowl.

/ DK40SE Cranks But No Start #37  
What year is your DK40? Kioti had a bad batch of mechanical fuel pumps a few years back (say around 2006).
I doubt you are having problems with your neutral lock out. You shouldn't be able to crank the motor over at all if the lock out was causing problems.

What year is your DK40? Kioti had a bad batch of mechanical fuel pumps a few years back (say around 2006).
I doubt you are having problems with your neutral lock out. You shouldn't be able to crank the motor over at all if the lock out was causing problems.

I bought the tractor in the fall of 2009. I don't know when it was manufactured but I'm assuming sometime around 2009.

/ DK40SE Cranks But No Start #39  
See: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/256528-how-tell-what-year-tractor.html#post2989844

You do want to know the year your tractor was made (or at least the serial number) because there are numerous design changes from year to year (and sometimes in the same year) which determine which parts fit your machine. Generally, the online parts catalogs (like on the MIE site) are more accurate and current than the service manuals. For example, the only available service manual for my 2006 DK45S shows an engine stop solenoid and injection pump configuration different from my tractor. But the online parts diagrams are right.

/ DK40SE Cranks But No Start #40  

I must have had one of these on a DK45. Had to send the pump off to be rebuilt, $750. Kioti wouldn't sell me parts only a whole pump $1,200 with my core being sent back. All the gears were "rounded off" and was an obvious defect in the pump. This tractor is no longer around.

That being said my tractor did something pretty similar to this. The only way we are going to know anything is if there is a fuel line cracked.