Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Default CK30HST Starting dash lights flicker

Hi All,

Every time it is cold outside I have the same issue with starting. I have had the switch replaced already. When I turn the key on, all the panel lights go on and off and a clicking sound occurs (relay?). After a few seconds of this it stops and the glow plug light stays lit and I can start.
    My Ck30 is a 2012 purchased in May 2012.
    Any ideas and comments would be appreciated.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    CK30HST

Default Re: CK30HST Starting dash lights flicker

Sounds like a bad connection problem somewhere, if battery is full and charged ok. Take off cables and clean battery contacts is the first thing, then check battery ground strap connection and so on.

Mike

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

You would think a bad battery connection would affect only high current demand like cranking. However, once it stops flickering it cranks no problem. Also, if I stop and restart there is no issue. Only happens when sitting for awhile and cold outside (below 40F).

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by Notlaker View Post
    You would think a bad battery connection would affect only high current demand like cranking. However, once it stops flickering it cranks no problem. Also, if I stop and restart there is no issue. Only happens when sitting for awhile and cold outside (below 40F).
    No, you should check and clean your cables.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

I had checked when I first had this problem. Will go over everything again. Intermittent problems are such a pita!

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Is the battery fully charged?

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Yes it is. I just have to wait with the key on and the flickering and clicking stops after a few seconds and then everything is normal. Cranking is then strong and fast.

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Check grounds.
    Murph

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Check ground starting at frame and negative battery cable. Wiggle the cable and see if there is any symptom difference noted. Make sure the battery clamp connections cannot move by grabbing the cable and trying to move the connection on the batteries post.
    Check all connections at the firewall too make sure none are loose, and all the relay plugs are pushed into the relays completely.
    Is it stored outside? Do you have the ignition switch cover that helps keep rain/water/moisture out of the ig switch?
    Assume nothing- check everything. How long has this problem existed? How long ago did you replace the switch?
    2010 DK-40se/hst, KL-401 FEL, (reversible cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter. HLA Series 2000 7' plow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

2015 Husky AWD Rider 322T Combi 103 deck. Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss.

Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

I have the exact same issue each year. I have to take the negative battery cable off, clean the contacts and put it back on with some of that electro-whatsits-called grease stuff and the problem goes away. Happens every single year once it gets cold. There must be deposits building up on the battery terminal or inside the negative cable.

I think I will replace the negative cable once it warms up, I had a positive cable on my old Allis Chalmers once that looked mint but NO current could get through it. Bizarre but it happens.

Good luck
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast