Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    MAHINDRA

Default Re: kioti dk45s jumping out of gear

We have replace several shift forks in the DK45s over the years...That in my opinion is just a Band-Aid....
    The last 2 I did I fixed it right!! Of coarse that again is just my opinion.
    The problem that I seen with the set up is, the shaft coming from the forward/reverse lever down through the steering column is way to long without any type of brace near the lower part of the column.
    If you take and move the lever forward and back you will see the flexing in the shaft.
    This will allow you to over shift it bending the shift fork.

We made mount and installed a bearing on the lower part of the shaft. Replace the bend fork with new and never heard back from either customer.
    And by the way the one customer lives less than 2 miles from my store. He is a commercial user. So the machine really gets worked.
    One last thing..Yes you can change the shift fork with out splitting the machine.
    -imag0003-jpg
    Wallace Tractor and Equipment
    www.wallacetractorandequipment.com
    rwallacetractor@echoes.net
    RICK WALLACE

(570) 689-7494

We're not just a tractor store anymore!

Tractor
    Kioti Dk50c

I didn't buy it new, it was out of warranty when I bought it. I bought a kioti instead of a kubota because I paid 17k for a dk50c with a backhoe. Thanks for the help on the shift fork. It is a long shaft. Obviously the setup isn't good from the factory, and unfortunate they didn't come up with said bearing fix which makes a lot of sense.

I used napa premium heavy duty tractor hydro transmission oil. Dealer said that was fine. Foaming has been occurring since change.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Thanks Wallace.

Its always good to hear from you.

I'll wait until it gets a little warmer and try to implement your solution before I bend the forks.

Thanks.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by njpenywort View Post
    I didn't buy it new, it was out of warranty when I bought it. I bought a kioti instead of a kubota because I paid 17k for a dk50c with a backhoe. Thanks for the help on the shift fork. It is a long shaft. Obviously the setup isn't good from the factory, and unfortunate they didn't come up with said bearing fix which makes a lot of sense.

I used napa premium heavy duty tractor hydro transmission oil. Dealer said that was fine. Foaming has been occurring since change.
    Glad for you and the OP who originally posted this thread that Wallace chimed in with a solution to the issue.
    ? Did you use an OEM Kioti hydraulic filter or something else?
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kioti Dk50c

Anyone have instructions on how to get to said fork and replace?

I used a factory Kioti Filter - I have a hose which I think is a low pressure hose, but it disappears on both ends into a web of stuff, I will have to take a picture, but it is always wet, I thought maybe it was a low pressure return hose or something, and maybe that is where I am getting air.

I don't know if it is related, but sometimes if I am not moving at all, and mostly when at either lock, but the hydraulic steering seems to bind and make it nearly impossible to turn the wheel, at which point you have to creep forward or back (always when you really are trying to place say a 2000lb step or something and don't want to move an inch the wrong way) obviously it is worse with a load over the front end but it is sort of a hassle.

Thanks for the help.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2011 Kioti DK45 HST

Quote Originally Posted by logmaster
    I HAVE A 2008 THAT STARTED POPPING OUT OF FORWARD GEAR WITH LESS TAN 100 HRS.
    DEALER TOLD ME MY LOT OF TRACTORS HAD BAD BATCH OF SHIFTING FORKS AND WOULD REPLACE MINE.
    NEW SHIFTING FORK WAS DONE WITH 450 HRS ON TRACTOR. NOW WITH 725 HRS ON DK45S ITS POPPING OUT AGINE
    AND DEALER & KIOTI TELL ME IM OUT OF LUCK AND WILL HAVE TO PAY TO FIX? ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM ???????????
    THIS TRACTOR IS MY 2 KIOTI TRACTOR I HAVE A 3054 AND IT IS ALSO MY LAST. LOGMASTER

This isn't exactly the same problem but does involve shifter forks/rails on my end.

Originally Posted by landedakiotih
    dose anyone have a hard time getting there dk40se hst from N in to L,M,H like you have to strong arm it in only 6hrs on it.

reply by RJJR
    Yes, I had same problem and eventually the shifter rail failed @ 49 hours. tractor had to be broken in half to fix it. I was told Kioti has some problems with the shifter and they put a stronger rail back in. Apparently it has grooves that can wallow out. They did mention how the design makes it hard to stay lubricated but the new part is designed different to help. They put it in under warranty though.
    RJJR
    2011 Kioti DK45 HST
    FEL & Wildkat Grapple

Tractor
    DK 45 S

hi logmaster here, call John Park Lancaster NH 866-885-7710 if the shifting fork has never been replaced even if its out of warrenty they should replace for free. i have the same problem with the shudle shifter mine had alot of movement up and down.
    there is a rubber cover down by the clutch (remove) put in forward and shot off, take a hose clamp and attach around shaft.
    that will make it shift easser poor set up i think

Tractor
    Kioti Dk50c

Sooo...

Long story short:

Badly worn shift fork
    Missing shift Keys
    Worn Syncros

Both shift forks for 1-4 were also worn as well, binding up in there and not really sitting in neutral well...

That being said pulled everything apart, put it back together, clips that hold clutch fork popped off when trying to install clutch linkage,

Pulled cab off, broke tractor apart again, same thing seemingly happened, the clutch rod seemed too long, adjusted it all the way to shortest, and well somehow in all that we seemingly popped those **** clips that hold the clutch fork onto the collar off again

Loosing my mind, really looking forward to a tractor working again, but I don't know how to get this clutch up and working properly, and scared of breaking the tractor apart any more times and losing my mind.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123