Kioti attitude?

/ Kioti attitude? #21  
i've got 13 0r 14 people on my IGNORE LIST...intolerance, name calling, bigoted, holier than thou attitudes get people ignored...easy to put someone on that list. I consider it carefully, but once there, they never come off...I've noticed that it makes it easier for me to read a thread when these people's' posts are simply not shown...

That's a lot of posters on that list! I guess I've yet to get that far.

/ Kioti attitude? #22  
TJ, I've never used that feature...don't even know how to "engage it".

Crap, now if TJ does not answer I know I'm on it:laughing:

/ Kioti attitude? #23  
Never have put anyone on the ignore list and probably never will, I have no problem reading and disregarding such posts and posters, but whatever works.

You really can't take all this too seriously or it just isn't any fun.

/ Kioti attitude? #24  
No worries, MotorSeven.

To put someone on your ignore list, click on their name in the offending post.
Select VIEW PROFILE
Upper left hand corner, second item, just after "send private message" is "ADD TO IGNORE LIST"
Click that, and follow directions...

That person is added to your ignore list and you will not see their posts, although you will know that they did post when viewing the thread.

It's therapeutic...try it...Next time someone truly offends you and you just wish they would go away...you can "make it so"

Let me know if you have troubles doing this...I don't think you will...soon you will be IGNORING the people who have offended you the worst and seem incorrigible.

TJ, I've never used that feature...don't even know how to "engage it".

Crap, now if TJ does not answer I know I'm on it:laughing:

/ Kioti attitude? #25  
I tried the disregard approach, but determined that there are a few people whom I don't even want to waste any TBN time on...
I don't take things too seriously...it is those few who cross my personal line of posting code of behavior that win my flying fickle finger of fate ignore award:D

Never have put anyone on the ignore list and probably never will, I have no problem reading and disregarding such posts and posters, but whatever works.

/ Kioti attitude? #26  
I tried the disregard approach, but determined that there are a few people whom I don't even want to waste any TBN time on...
I don't take things too seriously...it is those few who cross my personal line of posting code of behavior that win my flying fickle finger of fate ignore award:D

I can understand that, I can't say I haven't considered it. I guess spending 30 years getting threats in person, "I'll kill, shoot, stab, beat, sue you and the horse you rode in on" or "I'll have your job, I pay your salary" may have raised my "ignore bar" a bit; still not immune though and someday may use my own fickle finger of fate on the old ignore button; wonder if you can add yourself, sometimes I get downright out of control.:laughing::eek:

/ Kioti attitude? #27  

Ignore lists are fine if you're logged in, but are utterly useless if you aren't. Besides, I stopped taking the internet too seriously many years ago, and if people don't like what I have to say... well that's fine too. :)

/ Kioti attitude? #28  
I can understand that, I can't say I haven't considered it. I guess spending 30 years getting threats in person, "I'll kill, shoot, stab, beat, sue you and the horse you rode in on" or "I'll have your job, I pay your salary" may have raised my "ignore bar" a bit; still not immune though and someday may use my own fickle finger of fate on the old ignore button; wonder if you can add yourself, sometimes I get downright out of control.:laughing::eek:

I feel the same way even though you have me beat...I only did it for 27 years 2 months & 16 days:cool:

Man I love retirement:thumbsup:

/ Kioti attitude? #29  
The Idea of the Ignore feature is great on paper. But let's be honest. Many people, some in this thread, who pretend to be above all of the "Flaming" are exactly what they are accusing others of being.

/ Kioti attitude? #30  
I feel the same way even though you have me beat...I only did it for 27 years 2 months & 16 days:cool:

Man I love retirement:thumbsup:[/QUOTE

I worked six years past my eligibility date to save a bit more and pay some stuff off so wouldn't have to worry about it and people kept telling me, "Don't do it, you'll be bored to death", LIES, I LOVE it and had my wife retire the day she became eligible, we have never had any regrets and never will; life is just too darned short to spend it all working. Well, most of us still work, just a different kind.

The Idea of the Ignore feature is great on paper. But let's be honest. Many people, some in this thread, who pretend to be above all of the "Flaming" are exactly what they are accusing others of being.

It is always easier to see it in others than ourselves, I may be a total jerk even though I try not to be. Some people also bring it on themselves by trying to stir the pot so to speak. We all have our faults.