Oil & Fuel fuel gauge DK 55

/ fuel gauge DK 55 #1  

gmol

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 55-New Holland EC-35
Filled the new tractor once to the brim and have run it for 25 hours now. The gauge has not budged from full. The tank at the filler is more than 1/2 full. This tractor has split/ dual tanks and the sending unit is on the far tank away from the filler. Does this sending unit only tell the qauntitiy in the far tank as the fuel is ciphoned out ? The owners manual is useless and my dealer is closed for the weekend. Any insite ?

/ fuel gauge DK 55 #2  
I have a new DK-50 & my fuel guage won't register any volume either,dealer repair fellow came out & checked it & concluded it was the sending unit. He was able to make the fuel guage needle move with a jumper wire so he knows it functions & the wire harness was working ok. That was almost 2 months ago & I have not seen him back since with the repl. part. I guess I need to make a call to see what's up.
Do a post if you find an easier answer.

Paul /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ fuel gauge DK 55 #3  
Paul,I would bet that the float is stuck,has anyone checked to see if it's hung up or hitting the side of the tank?Let us know.......Mike

/ fuel gauge DK 55 #4  
Called the dealer again Friday & he was supposed to come today & put the part in but I never got a call so I bet he didn't show. I hate to hound someone to fix a new item that should of been tested when it left the factory. I may just
take it out of the tank & inspect it myself,these things are
fairly simple devices at least they are in cars. I'll post a note when i fix it or he shows up to fix it so all can know what repaired this gadget.

treesawer /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif