Backhoe Woods BH80X Question

/ Woods BH80X Question #1  

maximus1277

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 KUBOTA B2320, 2010 KIOTI CK27, Kubota L3940,JD110 TLB
I have an opportunity to "upgrade" to 80X on my CK27... the question is: is this backhoe a good match for the tractor? I have seen sluggish performace in hoes not sized properly for the tractor when the required pressure (even with high revs) is too low... the result is typically inability to operate more than one action at a time... making precise digging a real pain. Does anyone run B80X on their CK27? All advice is appreciated.

/ Woods BH80X Question #2  
Sounds a bit big,you think?

/ Woods BH80X Question #3  
I have the 80x on my 2005 CK30HST. If anything you have to lower the RPMs to slow down the hoe, It is extremely fast reacting at normal RPMs; you have to practice a very light touch on the controls. Works well.

Mike

/ Woods BH80X Question #4  
Had the BH-70x on my CK30. That is the size they recommend for the machine. I'm sure the tractor will easily handle the larger hoe from the perspective of tractor size/weight/strength and from hydraulic performance, I just don't know if there could be any other side effects or issues. As Mike said, I rarely ran the tractor above 2000 RPM with the hoe. You don't loose any power running at a lower RPM (hydraulic pressure stays the same from the tractor) but it's much easier to control. Even if you had to bump the RPM's up a couple hundred for the larger hoe, the tractor will provide plenty of flow.

/ Woods BH80X Question #5  
ken, do you have a backhoe on your DK45?

/ Woods BH80X Question #6  
I have a 2485 on my DK 40

/ Woods BH80X Question #7  
ken, do you have a backhoe on your DK45?

No, I used the $ that I had in the hoe to trade up to the DK45. I got some good use out of it and was sad to see it go, but I'm happy with the trade.

/ Woods BH80X Question #8  
I have the Woods BH70-X, with thumb, on my CK35. Works great, as mentioned by an earlier poster you do not need high revs to run.
I am usually around 1700-1800 RPM.

Attachments

• BackFence 029.jpg
    BackFence 029.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 418
  • ManureSpot2012 007.jpg
    ManureSpot2012 007.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 300
  • KiotiWoodWood 002.jpg
    KiotiWoodWood 002.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 284
   / Woods BH80X Question
I know that x70 works great but I want to know if x80 would be too much for kioti ck..... I'm selling a kubota b series tractor, and most buyers want it with the backhoe..... So I will most likely need to replace it, and from the look of things I can get a larger backhoe out of this deal for the same money if the kubota tlb sells for what I'm asking.

The subframe set up is the same for 70 or 80... So I'm indifferent on that. From what I understand there is a difference in operating pressure between the two hoes, so I'm concerned about getting a larger hoe with a more limited usability. That would be upsetting.

/ Woods BH80X Question #10  
Kioti say's it can take a 2475.