ignition switch on ds 4110 not working

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #1  

Kioti Lee

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DS 4110
Hi I am about to install my fourth ignition switch ? ( where you put ket in and turn to start tractor). The dealer has been great about giving me new switch and offering to replace. (Long haul to shop for me). Am told the switch does not like to get wet. Big problem for me in raining western Washington. I disassembled an old switch and can see that there is little moisture proofing.I am looking for some ideas how to prevent it from failing so often or if there is a different switch I can install. It is not hard to replace, but you never know when it will go out and that is very annoying as generally when I turn the key on the tractor I am planning on using it. lol Thanks

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #2  
Maybe install the switch inside a sturdy plastic bag? I have a tarp garage to keep the tractor out of the weather so I haven't had a switch problem and it keeps the paint and tires out of the sun.

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working
i too keep my tractor under a tarp, but I almost wonder if the tarp doesnt hold moisture from ground in. the tractor is usually kept in a carport except when in use or in a location that makes moving it difficult. The plastic bag is a good idea and will give it a try. thanks

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #4  
Use some of the "dielectric grease" is great for waterproofing.

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working
Thanks Just "googled" it, looks like a good way to go. Had never heard of it.

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #6  
Depending on which ignition you have. If you have the old style (key cut both edges) or the new style (key cut one edge).
For the old style, they came up with a fix where they have a cover that snaps on when not in use. It worked on my last tractor the DS3510. My DS4510 has the new style and I have not had a problem with it yet. Still, I think the cover would be a good thing even on the new style. Check with your dealer about the ignition cover if you have the old style.

Tom

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #7  
I would seal the two parts of the switch with liquid electrical tape after cleaning it with contact cleaner and then using di-electric grease to keep any further moisture out. AND use the ig key cap sold by Kioti dealers too. You could hang a HD plastic bag over the steering column to keep any rain snow away from the switch area, possibly with bungees to keep it in place...

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #8  
I would seal the two parts of the switch with liquid electrical tape after cleaning it with contact cleaner and then using di-electric grease to keep any further moisture out. AND use the ig key cap sold by Kioti dealers too. You could hang a HD plastic bag over the steering column to keep any rain snow away from the switch area, possibly with bungees to keep it in place...

Anyone have a part # for this cover?

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #9  
Ask any dealer. Or look it up on MIE's site/parts listings. I think I posted it a long time ago when I first mentioned it. There was more recent mention of an upgraded one; maybe now black, whereas the original one was translucent white.

/ ignition switch on ds 4110 not working #10  
Thanks for all your help