Cleared some more

/ Cleared some more #1  

GMtb42

Gold Member
Tractor
SOLD Kioti CK20 HST Purchased CK3510SE HST
Well cleared some more of the woods yesterday, man the little CK20 is great, a few trees did bog it down, but in the end the trees lost. :laughing:
Noticed the right side bucket cylinder is starting to seep a little fluid, nothing major, I guess a cylinder repair is in the future now. :eek:

/ Cleared some more #2  
You need to keep an eye on the hydraulic oil level and keep some extra around just in case.

/ Cleared some more #3  
Look for any scratches on the cylinder that may be tearing the seal. If none are present look for a tear in the seal's edge. Then clean the cylinder and take some Brakeleen and spray it around the seal and wipe off the excess. Sometimes a seal can be made to seal again with this method. You may have to apply it a few times- sparingly, and wipe away the excess.
report back results.

/ Cleared some more #4  
Are you cutting trees down or digging / pushing trees over with FEL? I'm curious. I want to clear a small patch, but not have any stumps.

/ Cleared some more #5  
Are you cutting trees down or digging / pushing trees over with FEL? I'm curious. I want to clear a small patch, but not have any stumps.

i cleared a spot my self if you push on the tree high it will hopefully pop the tree out by the stump then back up and push at the stump ...gets rid of the tree and the stump good luck

/ Cleared some more #6  
Just a little advice , when trying to push trees be conscious of dead limbs hanging, I personally have been nearly impaled by falling limbs

/ Cleared some more
Look for any scratches on the cylinder that may be tearing the seal. If none are present look for a tear in the seal's edge. Then clean the cylinder and take some Brakeleen and spray it around the seal and wipe off the excess. Sometimes a seal can be made to seal again with this method. You may have to apply it a few times- sparingly, and wipe away the excess.
report back results.
Hey thanks for the tip. Yes there were some scratches, I polished them out (previous owner was rough on the tractor), I did notice that it only leaks if I turn the bucket in half dump position when parked, if I place the bucket flat level it doesn't. Schematics on the cylinders show O-rings as seals.
Pushing trees over in sandy soil, not to big will just push right up root and all.
i cleared a spot my self if you push on the tree high it will hopefully pop the tree out by the stump then back up and push at the stump ...gets rid of the tree and the stump good luck
Yep!
Just a little advice , when trying to push trees be conscious of dead limbs hanging, I personally have been nearly impaled by falling limbs
Conked on the head a few times too.

Had some chores to do (working on a mockup of a part for my motorcycle, getting ready to try sand casting aluminum) and lost track of thread, I also did a full OS reload on the old computer, not that it was needed just I like to do a clean install ever so often, beside openSuSE 12.3 was released and it was as good a time to reload/backup as any.

Last edited:
   / Cleared some more #8  
You're welcome!:thumbsup: So did cleaning up the cylinders fix the problem enough along with how you put it away at the end of the day?

/ Cleared some more
You're welcome!:thumbsup: So did cleaning up the cylinders fix the problem enough along with how you put it away at the end of the day?

Yep so far, so good.
I didn't have any Brakleen so I used a MAF cleaner, close to the same thing, made by CRC .

/ Cleared some more #10  
I cleared out some heavy brush and downed trees, but mostly pushed everything to the side. This year I was thinking about buying a ratchet rake from TSC (advertised in the store here too) to drag it all out and burn. Has anyone used the ratchet rake? It has to work much better than FEL and box blade.

Also, while pushing on a dead tree last year it broke above the FEL and fell right on top of.....the roll bar.