Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    john deere

Default Re: How much water

All I can tell you , is it will be full when you leave and empty when you arrive .

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1070

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Case View Post
    Just to be a smart Alec ======= wouldn't it be easier to bring the cattle to the creek????
    haven't you heard the old saying "you can lead a cow to water..." oh wait, nevermind.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    07 kioti dk 45s

It usually has 3/4 bucket left when I get there, found rubber stoppers work well for hole in side of bucket

Tractor
    New Holland 1220

7.48 gallons in a cubic foot, a six foot fel is approx 6' x 2' = 13 cubic feet or 97 gallons of water with all holes plugged.

55 gal barrel is 7.35 cubic ft, and I bet you could set three 55 gal plastic drums in the fel, strap them in and spill a whole lot less. But that would weight around 1,200 lbs. Better put a forth barrel on the 3 pt hitch for ballast and move 220 gallons at a time.

Seriously I saw the guys making a plastic barrel filled with concrete, counter weight and I would like one of those, not filled with contrete for my 3pt as a toter.

Industry, Pa- - 5 mi. north of Ohio River
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4510, Ford '48 8N, Ford '53 Jubilee, Power King 1614

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse masterson View Post
    Just curious does anybody know how many gallons of water will fit in a dk 45 loader bucket
    According to the Kioti loader brochure, the DK45 uses a KL401 loader with a 72" bucket. The rated capacity, is
    9.18 cubic feet. That should be level struck as the heaped capacity is 15.88 cu. ft.

Tom
    Kioti 2012 DS4510 with FEL
    Ford 1948 8N
    Ford 1953 Jubilee
    Power King 1614
    Various 3 pt. equipment
    Sold: Ford 1946 2N, Kioti 2011 DS3510

Industry, Pa- - 5 mi. north of Ohio River
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4510, Ford '48 8N, Ford '53 Jubilee, Power King 1614

If it is not a long distance from the creek to the watering site, have you considered a hydraulic ram pump. I requires no power other than water power to operate and can pump water uphill. There are a number of sites if you can google it and also they are for sale on ebay...
    Just a thought and my worth.
    Tom

PS. I was thinking and wife says smoke coming out of my ears....
    Kioti 2012 DS4510 with FEL
    Ford 1948 8N
    Ford 1953 Jubilee
    Power King 1614
    Various 3 pt. equipment
    Sold: Ford 1946 2N, Kioti 2011 DS3510

Tractor
    Kubota B9200 HSTD and Allis 720

Well, there is just about every other attachment for a FEL, why not a "WaterBucket"? Probably needs a lid as well as a flapper valve for filling from a pond and a spigot for emptying.

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

OMG, my mind is going a mile a minute! Let's see, it could hinge to the chain hooks on top and latch to the tooth bar and be made from styrafoam to float open and have a rope back to the seat so latch can be opened... and...and...the extreme model will have a hydraulic 3rd function lid actuator...and flexible rubber seals on all sides making it water tight....and the Cowman model will have a roller on the top so it can be a mobile molasses lick....and....

Quote Originally Posted by npalen View Post
    Well, there is just about every other attachment for a FEL, why not a "WaterBucket"? Probably needs a lid as well as a flapper valve for filling from a pond and a spigot for emptying.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by DAD1220 View Post
    7.48 gallons in a cubic foot, a six foot fel is approx 6' x 2' = 13 cubic feet or 97 gallons of water with all holes plugged.

55 gal barrel is 7.35 cubic ft, and I bet you could set three 55 gal plastic drums in the fel, strap them in and spill a whole lot less. But that would weight around 1,200 lbs. Better put a forth barrel on the 3 pt hitch for ballast and move 220 gallons at a time.

Seriously I saw the guys making a plastic barrel filled with concrete, counter weight and I would like one of those, not filled with contrete for my 3pt as a toter.
    Already suggested that method, post #6, page 1. No interest expressed so far?!
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kubota B9200 HSTD and Allis 720

Quote Originally Posted by texasjohn View Post
    OMG, my mind is going a mile a minute! Let's see, it could hinge to the chain hooks on top and latch to the tooth bar and be made from styrafoam to float open and have a rope back to the seat so latch can be opened... and...and...the extreme model will have a hydraulic 3rd function lid actuator...and flexible rubber seals on all sides making it water tight....and the Cowman model will have a roller on the top so it can be a mobile molasses lick....and....
    Could we get a picture when completed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast