Loader KL401 issue ?

/ KL401 issue ? #1  

vmsmgr

Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST
I've got a DK40 SE HST with 13 hours on it and just yesterday I got a squealing noise from the control valve of the KL401 loader. When reving the engine the loader lifts the bucket by itself and when I push the joystick into the FLOAT mode it lifts the frontend of the tractor (downpressure mode).
Anyone seen anything like this ? I've contacted my Dealer and he's going to contact Kioti as he hasn't seen any issues with the control valve of the KL401.
Thanks in advance on any responses.

/ KL401 issue ? #2  
It sounds like it's plumbed wrong. There's six hyd connections that all have to be connected correctly under the FEL. When they are new there are color coded tabs on the each side. Mine deteriorated have mostly fallen off so I'm no help.

/ KL401 issue ? #3  
It sounds like it's plumbed wrong. There's six hyd connections that all have to be connected correctly under the FEL. When they are new there are color coded tabs on the each side. Mine deteriorated have mostly fallen off so I'm no help.

Not sure it is plumbed wrong as pushing towards the float position should raise the front of the tractor IF you don't actually push it hard enough to get into the float detent or if there is some problem with the float valve. I wonder if the OP is pushing the joystick hard enough to get into float position?

/ KL401 issue ? #4  
When reving the engine the loader lifts the bucket by itself and when I push the joystick into the FLOAT mode it lifts the frontend of the tractor (downpressure mode).
Anyone seen anything like this ? I've contacted my Dealer and he's going to contact Kioti as he hasn't seen any issues with the control valve of the KL401.
Thanks in advance on any responses.

Regardless of the plumbing, the loader should not move up or down when you rev the engine. It sounds like just what you said, a problem with the control valve. Just because it's new, doesn't mean it doesn't have a problem. Might just be a "Friday afternoon" valve. The plumbing appears to do what its supposed to, go up/down when you move the joystick, so my bet is on a valve malfunction.

/ KL401 issue ? #5  
I missed the part about the loader moving just with engine revs. Maybe the valve is stuck partially open.

/ KL401 issue ? #6  
I have some moisture in my cables to the joy stick. When it is below freezing the joystick does not always go into the detents. Sometime it is so close to detent you do not notice loader moving until you rev it up. After tractor warms up everything is fine. I seem to be plowing snow every week so this may have to wait till spring for repair. However the float function works cold or not.

/ KL401 issue ? #7  
Welcome to TBN and the Kioti forum. Sorry to hear your loader has a mind of it's own.
Just to eliminate it as a possible cause- check below the HST pedals and see if all the QAs are attached COMPLETELY and if there are any mis-matched colors on the female to male connections. And at idle try exercising the loader joystick in all possible directions in case something like a piece of dirt or some other small obstruction might have gotten jammed into the valve when the QDs were first attached by your dealer. You could also try with the tractor turned OFF, disconnecting each QD and inspecting the females for any debris....
AND, as already stated you might just have a Friday control valve....
Did the joystick ever render proper operation since you got the tractor?

/ KL401 issue ?
Well just to let folks know, Yes all of the hoses are connected correctly and I removed and re-installed them to make sure they are seated properly. The loader did work flawlessly about two days before I had the issue as I was moving snow with no noise. It just started after that time. I contacted the dealer and he said he was ordering parts, so I presume it's something in the control valve as someone stated a Friday job.

/ KL401 issue ? #9  
Sounds like a control valve issue. I do not think you would have the noise if it was a cable issue. Most likely a bad oring letting oil go where it shouldn't. Let us know what you find. Thanks.

/ KL401 issue ?
Just to let everyone know the dealer is installing a new complete control valve next week.