Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #1  

DavidNPro

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 45SE, 993 Pasquali
I have looked around the forum and have not seen anything specifically regarding a Kioti. I know others like 4Shorts have done this to other brands.

Anyway, I was wondering has anyone looked into putting a smoke stack on their Kioti? I have a DK45SE and depending on how the wind is blowing I can defintely get a face full of exhaust fumes. Not that I dont like the smell of diesel, but not always so strong :laughing:.

With it exiting from the front, it seems like it might take some creativity to get something that doesnt look horribly out of place on the tractor.

Thanks for any ideas.

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #2  
YES, I'm looking into it and planning it as we speak. The set up on the DK45SE is that there are two exhaust pieces after the muffler, one does a bend from the muffler and then comes straight down and the other is the one that bends and goes forward. It looks very easy to simply unbolt the second piece and extend off of that. The location of the stack is going to have to be a little more forward than Pauls (4Shorts), but there are plenty of areas that can be used to build some type of bracket. I went to my local case dealer this week to look for a stack, but they had nothing available and told me to go to a custom shop. Ebay.com has two stainless steel stacks that could possibly be painted (I'm going black) or they have a couple of chrome stacks as well. I'm going to ask Paul where he got his.

I have one other project I have to get done before the stack, but I'm hoping to start sometime in the spring. I look forward to what you come up with and will post my progress. For me, this has to look like it came with the tractor, much like Paul's.

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust
Good to know that someone else is looking into this also. I have taken a quick look at the piece of pipe that is removable that you were talking about and that seemed to be the best way to start by removing it. My tractor does not have a cab, so I am not sure if that gives me more flexibility or not yet :). My early investigations seemed like the bracket might be the worst part, of course I have not tried to find a stack yet either.

My project like yours will probably not start for awhile yet. We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen and we are expecting our first child at the end of April. I will post up if I get going on it though, and will watch for your progress also!

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #4  
Geeze if mine had a vertical stack it would be laying someplace out in the woods or the edge of my fields where the trees overhang. I'll stick to the belly belcher:D

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #5  
Good to know that someone else is looking into this also. I have taken a quick look at the piece of pipe that is removable that you were talking about and that seemed to be the best way to start by removing it. My tractor does not have a cab, so I am not sure if that gives me more flexibility or not yet :). My early investigations seemed like the bracket might be the worst part, of course I have not tried to find a stack yet either.

My project like yours will probably not start for awhile yet. We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen and we are expecting our first child at the end of April. I will post up if I get going on it though, and will watch for your progress also!

From what I've seen, the cab shouldn't make any difference at all, there's not much room to go up behind the loader and all else is equal before that point. I think we may need a little creativity with the bracket, but I don't think there's an issue finding an existing attachment point for whatever we come up with.

Congrats on the baby on the way. Life changes, mostly for the good, but these types of projects tend to suffer and get pushed. We have 3 kids between 5 and 2 yrs old and I'm now just starting to be able to think about doing these kind of projects. Get it planned and ready to go so you can do it while the baby is still in the sleep all the time mode, because after that he/she will keep you on your toes and busy.

We're starting a kitchen reno after we decide if we're going to move forward with an addition at the same time. It all depends on cost, but it may consume a lot of my time and delay this project (again).

This is probably a stupid question, but what size stack were you thinking of? I was going to run down to the garage last night and look but it got late and I did not make it. It memory serves me right, it seems like a 2" or 2.5" might do the trick to ensure that not too much back pressure would be created by the longer run....

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #7  
Geeze if mine had a vertical stack it would be laying someplace out in the woods or the edge of my fields where the trees overhang. I'll stick to the belly belcher:D

Same here, the one tractor I owned that had a vertical exhaust, the old Long 2360, was always hung up on a tree limb. More than once I had to go hunting for the flapper on the end of the exhaust that got ripped off. I had to buy a new one too.

James K0UA

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #8  
This is probably a stupid question, but what size stack were you thinking of? I was going to run down to the garage last night and look but it got late and I did not make it. It memory serves me right, it seems like a 2" or 2.5" might do the trick to ensure that not too much back pressure would be created by the longer run....

I LOVE the results of 4Shorts conversion and was planning on doing (stealing) the exact same as him. He used a 3" pipe which gives it a really nice look. The problem is that 3" is going to be pretty tight and I'm worried about it being to hot to close to the loader or hood. Originally I wanted to go right behind the loader mount, but that's really close to the cab.

The other reason I want to use a 3" pipe is to help muffle and lower the tone of the exhaust. Paul says it changed the tone of the tractor and he really likes it now. My cab isn't overly loud, but when you have to blow a foot and a half of heavy wet snow like I did last night (poor me :D), the RPMs are way up and it would be nice if it was a little quieter.

As far as ripping the thing off, I'm not worried, I don't do any work in the forest and if I hit something hard enough to take it off, it would be the least of my worries compared to the damage that would do to the cab. I plan on having a bent pipe at the top to avoid a flapper and a drain at the bottom as insurance even though it's stored under cover.

Yeah that sounds reasonable. It might be easier to source a 3" rather than a 2.5" inch anyway.

If you end up finding a source for that stack or where he got his at please let me know.

Also, I checked with a Kioti dealer on here who does a decent amount of customizations for customers to see if they had ever done it. He said they had not, but if the tractor was still under warranty, he might suggest not installing one. My only guess would be a concern about back pressure, but with a 3" pipe I cannot imagine it adding any really.

Just a thought, not sure if it would cause any issues or not with warranty.....:confused3:

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #10  
Well, that's one nice thing about the set up on these tractors, take out a couple of bolts, put the old pipe back in and no one's the wiser! (unless you were to do something stupid like announce your plans to the world in a public forum :D) I've already chatted with Paul about his conversion and I'll let you know after I ask him where he got his pipe. The fact that he's a mechanic by trade and has done what we want to do without issue gives me great confidence that it will not cause any issues that require warranty.