Weight Lifting

/ Weight Lifting #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
My little CK30 has been lifting weights to impress scouts at the NFL combine. 40 yard time is not so good, but a strong little fella. This is one section of a huge pine tree that was leaning toward my house.

IMG_0979_zpsbf90ee6b.jpg

/ Weight Lifting #2  
Nice. We have a hook welded to the top center of the bucket and hang a log tong on a chain. Amazing how big a log these things will pick up.

/ Weight Lifting
Nice. We have a hook welded to the top center of the bucket and hang a log tong on a chain. Amazing how big a log these things will pick up.
That sounds like a great idea, but I am not sure I could handle the bigs ones swinging. That would test the ck30

/ Weight Lifting #4  
We had a CK25 and someone holds the log end to prevent swinging while we transport the log to either a trailer or the sawmill bed. Worked well. Just got a new CK 35 and I'll put a hook on the new bucket as well.

/ Weight Lifting
Litttle more work with those logs and I had to adjust my method a bit. The ground for transport was a bit sloping and soft in areas. I loaded one bit log and slowly moved it out. The down hill front tire began to give to the weight of the log and the soft soil. I quickly lowered it down to prevent tipping. In my old age I have tried to work smarter than I did as a younger man; and I have tried not to push the CK30 beyond its limits.

So, I hooked a chain to one end of the log, and the FEL chain hook, and slowly drug it out. I could have used your log tongs for that method.