Plowing with a rear blade.

/ Plowing with a rear blade.
Have you tried taking multiple cuts of the depth of snow, say 1/3 at a time using the same method with your bucket?
Cut the top 1/3 then take another sweep, then final clean up cut?
Atleast with the sticky snow I had last time, the snow wouldn't even roll off the blade unless it was down banging along the driveway, the snow would just push along and pack up lifting the blade off the ground even higher. My blade isn't the smoothest with some rust so snow stickage can be a problem. The real problem is that I usually take 6 passes but fast going forwards, and I have one part of the hill that I can't pull the blade with a lot of snow in it while having all 4 tires on more snow. Going backwards I still did it in 6 passes but just alot slower with double the amount of snow I usually plow. I was thinking when I started I should get a blower but the rear blade worked well enough in reverse.

/ Plowing with a rear blade. #12  
Ya mean you can go forward with the back blade too ?? No, I've gone forward some but find that with a lot of snow going backwards works for me . I just work the 3pt controls to "try" and keep it from hanging up on uneven stuff and have broken/bent the hitch pin many times. Ya, the back and neck get a little stiff but it's better than shoveling !

/ Plowing with a rear blade. #13  
i always go forward with my back-blade down and use front end loader bucket down,works well for me