R-4 Tire pressure

/ R-4 Tire pressure #1  

Retired guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK 30HST
What are you guys out there running for pressure in the rear tires? The manual says 45
but that seems awful high. I ran 24 in the rears on my TLB Kubota.

/ R-4 Tire pressure #2  
On my TLB... I was told to run max pressure [ R4's ] that the sidewall allows. Not to go by what was in the manual for a normal non-hoe'd tractor.... So, I go by the sidewalls... Some people even go above that when chaining one down to a trailer for transport, but I don't....

/ R-4 Tire pressure #3  
If you run low pressure with r4 tires, you run the risk of dirt getting in the bead of the tire. They are not ment to be a smooth riding tire like a turf tire.

/ R-4 Tire pressure #5  
20psi for the rears on a CK30hst. The sidewall advises max pressure at 30. I will bump them to @25 if I have the bh on.

/ R-4 Tire pressure #7  
If you have loaded tires, losing just a little air really reduces pressure. Check often, preferably with the valve at the top.

/ R-4 Tire pressure #8  
This a very timely topic. I just finished some FEL work and noticed both of my R4 rear tires were lower than I believe they should be. They are filled. Should the pressure for filled tires be any different than non-filled? I have over 650 hours and have never had to add air. Any tricks to adding air to filled tires other than ritcheyvs' instruction to put the valve at the top? Thanks.

/ R-4 Tire pressure #9  
I have 25 in the back, an 35 in the front. Put to much in the back, could have a bumpy ride.

/ R-4 Tire pressure #10  
. Any tricks to adding air to filled tires other than ritcheyvs' instruction to put the valve at the top? Thanks.

No tricks, also the air would not go in with the valve at the bottom.