RX6010 -- want to install a rear wiper

/ RX6010 -- want to install a rear wiper #1  

jvolock

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6010 with FEL Schulte 3pt 7400 snowblower, Heavy duty rear blade
My tractor didn't come with a rear wiper and I'm coming to learn with plowing snow that having a rear wiper would be very useful especially when temps in approaching zero. Has anyone installed a rear wiper and if so how hard is it to get done? Is there a wiring harness already in place that is essentially plug and go?

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

/ RX6010 -- want to install a rear wiper #2  
Well, the glass is tempered, so you'll have to use one of the existing holes for the wiper. I added a Kioti comfort cab to my CK30 and my dealer added a wiper for me. He removed one of the bolts for the window hing and use the hole to install a the wiper. The wiper itself replaced the missing bolt. Mine had a little switch on the wiper itself, but I would simply run a switch.

I have to say I'm shocked it doesn't come with a wiper, my DK45 did. There MUST be a kit available from Kioti. There wasn't for the comfort cab, so that's why we had to be a little more creative.

/ RX6010 -- want to install a rear wiper
Ken, thanks. I've got calls into the dealer. The rear glass already has places to attach the wiper assembly and motor so that shouldn't be a problem. What I was curious to know was whether there was a quick connect harness up in roof that I could simply connect to and then pop out one of the switch plates and snap in a switch with the wiring harness behind the plastic. Kioti RX6010.jpg

/ RX6010 -- want to install a rear wiper #4  
I'm going to bet that it is there just waiting to be used. It would be too much effort to add it after the fact. I'm also surprised that wasn't standard equipment. They've been taking lessons from Kubota again!

/ RX6010 -- want to install a rear wiper #5  
There is a wire harness for the wiper under the roof and kioti does offer a kit.

Saworcs.... thanks for sharing. I figured as much.

I just heard from the dealer and they are shipping the rear wiper kit and I hope to be able to install it this weekend between a little snowplowing I'll likely be doing as we're supposed to get 6 to 10 inches Friday night into Saturday.

/ RX6010 -- want to install a rear wiper #8  
My tractor didn't come with a rear wiper and I'm coming to learn with plowing snow that having a rear wiper would be very useful especially when temps in approaching zero. Has anyone installed a rear wiper and if so how hard is it to get done? Is there a wiring harness already in place that is essentially plug and go?

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
I have a DK4210 Kioti and have purchased a rear wiper kit for the glass cab. Should be standard equipment. The instructions look complicated and are very hard to read. Pictures are so dim I can't make them out.

Does the roof come up like its on hinges?

The kit didn't include washer hose so I'm wondering, is it under the roof? Apparently all the wiring and connectors are there.

Thanks much.

/ RX6010 -- want to install a rear wiper #9  
This is a pretty old thread. If you do not get a reply try starting a new post.