Oil & Fuel HST FLUID

/ HST FLUID #11  
Mobile fluid 424 here also, it is a very good oil. Unimog I would not use hydraulic oil just because it does not have additives for clutch packs and wet brakes. If yours does you should be good but why chance it. the noise you are hearing is cavitation as long as you don't put the pump under load and let the tractor idle or just above until it warms up you will not hurt anything. Tractor fluid is about 15-20 wt so it will need more warm up time than a 10 wt hyd oil. CJ

/ HST FLUID #12  
TSC Traveller Premium UTF and whatever Costco has on sale for motor oil. Went with standard 10-30 as per the owner's manual. Everything ran well all fall and winter.

/ HST FLUID
Hellow all. Just returned from Craft oil corp here in North Eastern PA with two 5 gallon pails of Shell Spirax C4 TXM tractor fluid. I thank you all for all your input and information. I hope to change out everything this week end as long as the weather cooperates. Last week I replaced the engine pre heater that went bad and as long as I was in there I`replaced the antifreeze. Again thank you all.

/ HST FLUID #14  
Hellow all. Just returned from Craft oil corp here in North Eastern PA with two 5 gallon pails of Shell Spirax C4 TXM tractor fluid. I thank you all for all your input and information. I hope to change out everything this week end as long as the weather cooperates. Last week I replaced the engine pre heater that went bad and as long as I was in there I`replaced the antifreeze. Again thank you all.

How much a pail?

/ HST FLUID #17  
I am approaching 100 hours on my ck27 and was considering changing all fluids/filters. Two questions: 1) should I change the transmission/hydraulic fluid or should I wait until 400 hours as indicated in the manual. 2). Since I don't have a kioti dealer close by, I stopped by a local JD place and picked up two pails of hy-gard..... This is the oil for hydro/trans in green equipment. I'm thinking that what's good for green, should be equally effective in orange. Thoughts?

/ HST FLUID #18  
My thought is that you can get any answer you want on these forums, from "change all" to "change none" at 100 hrs.
My thinking was that I paid a lot of money for a new tractor, so a couple of hundred more to get the break in oil out (along with significant metal filings I might add) was the right thing to do.
To each his own.

/ HST FLUID #19  
I've been giving some thought to hydraulic oil recently as I'll be looking at doing my first filter and oil change sometime in the summer. One thing I noticed during one of the cold spells we had in southern New Brunswick was the horrible noise the hydraulic pump on the engine made until the oil warmed up.

Given that we don't get extreme heat in NB I'm wondering if there is an alternate oil that might work better in our climate. Based on what I've ready Kubota UDT is fine in Kioti tractors, SUDT is a multi weight oil for cooler climates and SUDT-2 is the be all and end all when it comes to UTF as it's a 75% synthetic oil.

I know it will cost more to put something like SUDT-2 in my tractor but I'm thinking that it will work better for me in this climate and I'm planning on keeping this tractor for a VERY long time, so I don't mind putting a couple extra dollars into it in the long run.

Does anyone know of a reason why SUDT or SUDT-2 wouldn't be ok in my my DK40?

Jason

If what you refer to as the 'hydraulic pump on the engine' is the injection pump; that item gets it's lubrication from the oil in the sump, (engine oil pan), NOT from the hydro pumps and UTF from the HST transmission.

As CJCONE stated earlier, you want transmission fluid that is specked for wet brakes and clutch packs on the container. If it were me I'd try to stick close to those types/brands that are closely related to what is outlined in the owners manual.
I have NOT changed my HST trans fluid in over 515hours to date since new and have NO problems whatsoever.
I was going to change at 400hours but didn't get round to it. I will probably change it soon just to have done it and to see what the fluid looks like when I drain it and inspect it for stray varmits and lost tools etc.:eek:

/ HST FLUID #20  
I changed the HST fluid at 50, Several things came out with the fluid.. nasty looking things that looked like paint chips, The fluid was dirty also. I am glad I changed it.

James K0UA