Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Default Re: HST FLUID

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    I changed the HST fluid at 50, Several things came out with the fluid.. nasty looking things that looked like paint chips, The fluid was dirty also. I am glad I changed it.

James K0UA
    I agree, I had paint, metal cuttings [spirials] from machining, sealant, and dirty oil. If one of my customers had that dirty of oil in their hyd system I would have been all over them. The 50 hour service is the most important one IMHO. I changed my engine oil at 10 hours just to get the break in crud out of it. Oil does not wear out it just get dirty and looses the additive package. So whatever comes first the oil needs to be changed, filtered or the additives put back in. With the small amount of oil these tractors hold it is more cost effective to change it. I have a few customers that run large cranes and equipment and we use offline filtration to 3 micron and do oil samples to see what needs to be added. A couple of units have had the same oil for 15+ years. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Tractor
    460 Farmall, MF 175, MH 50

Just my 2 cents worth here, your pump was making nasty noises due to being starved of oil which is very hard on them. Personally I would find the correct Amsoil product to run in your tractor from one end to the other. Yes it is expensive oil, but I feel it is also the best lubricant you can get. I use Amsoil in everything I have bought new. From my last Peterbilt down to our ATV's. I can't say enough about the products. I sold my last Pete with 1.2 million miles on every component in it and nothing had ever needed replacing. I'm currently looking at getting a new DK45 HST with cab myself, and with the cold winters of Saskatchewan it would be getting full synthetic oils from one end to the other because I don't have a heated shop for it to be in and it needs to be able to go in extreme cold. Hope this helps someone.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorvath View Post
    Just my 2 cents worth here, your pump was making nasty noises due to being starved of oil which is very hard on them. Personally I would find the correct Amsoil product to run in your tractor from one end to the other. Yes it is expensive oil, but I feel it is also the best lubricant you can get. I use Amsoil in everything I have bought new. From my last Peterbilt down to our ATV's. I can't say enough about the products. I sold my last Pete with 1.2 million miles on every component in it and nothing had ever needed replacing. I'm currently looking at getting a new DK45 HST with cab myself, and with the cold winters of Saskatchewan it would be getting full synthetic oils from one end to the other because I don't have a heated shop for it to be in and it needs to be able to go in extreme cold. Hope this helps someone.
    Welcome to the forums. 1.2 million miles (km?) is pretty impressive to be all original. I love my DK45 cab, it handled it's first Ottawa winter with ease and I only plugged it in once or twice. I put it in the biggest Shelterlogic that Canadian Tires sells to keep it out of the wind and snow in the winter and sun in the summer. They go 40% off fairly often and I'd recommend it over leaving it out in that Saskatchewan wind.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    mahindra 2816 hst tlb

the advise i got here was good when i asked about the same question change it when the manual says to change it and use what oil it says to use this will keep your warrenty in tact

Tractor
    460 Farmall, MF 175, MH 50

Thanks for the welcome kiotiken Yes 1.2 million miles, or just over 2 million km on the odometer when I sold her. I do have a shed that I park the tractor I'm using in the winter in to shelter them, makes a big difference. I use Amsoil in my Ram diesel, wife's new car, welder, JD zero turn mower....everything. For extended oil drains on engines though you have to run extra filtration IMO, that's what I do. I'm looking at a Kioti because parts are getting hard to find for the older tractors I have and the run well so it is getting time for a new one to preserve the old ones, and I want a cab and heater for the winter cleaning snow. I drove one of the DK45se HST tractors around at the dealers lot a couple weeks ago and moved a bit of snow there. It seemed to be a good little tractor, especially for the price.

Tractor
    New Holland 1220

My first tractor, a Ford 8N, changed it's own transmission oil...about every 40 hours...whether I wanted it to or not!

Current tractor makes me do it...

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by DAD1220 View Post
    My first tractor, a Ford 8N, changed it's own transmission oil...about every 40 hours...whether I wanted it to or not!

Current tractor makes me do it...
    Give that dog a bone! I can smell his breath from here
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab

It is my intention at the 100 hour mark to go with full synthetic engine oil. I will talk to the dealer about synthetic for the hydraulics and see what he recommends. By the fall I should have synthetic in both the front and rear diffs as well. i will be putting synthetic in my heep as well. It only has 246,000 kms on it.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    If what you refer to as the 'hydraulic pump on the engine' is the injection pump; that item gets it's lubrication from the oil in the sump, (engine oil pan), NOT from the hydro pumps and UTF from the HST transmission.

As CJCONE stated earlier, you want transmission fluid that is specked for wet brakes and clutch packs on the container. If it were me I'd try to stick close to those types/brands that are closely related to what is outlined in the owners manual.
    I have NOT changed my HST trans fluid in over 515hours to date since new and have NO problems whatsoever.
    I was going to change at 400hours but didn't get round to it. I will probably change it soon just to have done it and to see what the fluid looks like when I drain it and inspect it for stray varmits and lost tools etc.
    I did my 400 hr interval service yesterday and did not change the hydraulic fluid. My dealer told me it is a waste to change the hydraulic fluid for my conditions where the system is not worked hard. I don't have a backhoe or do sustained hard pulling. He said an 800 hour interval would be fine and a Kioti technical rep agreed changing more often is a waste. He said if I was using the tractor for continuous heavy pulling the 400 hours might be reasonable. The last time we discussed it he suggested 600 hours may be more appropriate. So I'll ask again when I'm near the next 200 hour service interval. But I imagine I'll let it go to 800 hours.

Although not changing the hydraulic oil, I do change the HST and hydraulic filters at the specified (200 hr) intervals.

I also changed the hydraulic oil at the first 50 hour service and believe that is a good idea.

I did my 400 hour service at 450 hours (actually 460--10 hrs late, and 200 hr service was 253 hrs, 3 hrs late). I consider the 100, 200, 400 service intervals to occur at 150, 250, 350, 450, 550.... since the first service is at 50 hours. I realise some don't agree with this.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab

Quote Originally Posted by kco View Post
    I did my 400 hr interval service yesterday and did not change the hydraulic fluid. My dealer told me it is a waste to change the hydraulic fluid for my conditions where the system is not worked hard. I don't have a backhoe or do sustained hard pulling. He said an 800 hour interval would be fine and a Kioti technical rep agreed changing more often is a waste. He said if I was using the tractor for continuous heavy pulling the 400 hours might be reasonable. The last time we discussed it he suggested 600 hours may be more appropriate. So I'll ask again when I'm near the next 200 hour service interval. But I imagine I'll let it go to 800 hours.

Although not changing the hydraulic oil, I do change the HST and hydraulic filters at the specified (200 hr) intervals.

I also changed the hydraulic oil at the first 50 hour service and believe that is a good idea.

I did my 400 hour service at 450 hours (actually 460--10 hrs late, and 200 hr service was 253 hrs, 3 hrs late). I consider the 100, 200, 400 service intervals to occur at 150, 250, 350, 450, 550.... since the first service is at 50 hours. I realise some don't agree with this.
    I realise some don't agree with this.
    Your machine, your service program. If it works for you, then just do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123