Oil & Fuel HST FLUID

/ HST FLUID #1  

cabin kioti

Bronze Member
Tractor
ck 30 hst
Good morning all. I am approching 800 hours on my CK30HST and as soon as it warms up a little I want to change all the fluids and oils. I changed at 50 hours with an alis chalmers fluid that the dealer provided . I changed again all the filters and fluids at 400 hours the fluid was from sams club. I want to use a premium quality and was looking a shell spirax and mobil 424. When you read the information quite comfusing. I was wondering what all you folks use or would recomend The engine oil in the fall I change and use Rotella synthetic 5W30 and in the spring I hange and I use Rotella 15W 40 I also replace oil and fuel filters. Thank you all for any imput.

/ HST FLUID #2  
I use Tractor Supply Hyradlic/Transmission Oil in my 2 New Hollands, but everyone's preference is different. MY NH dealer is 60 miles away and TSC is about 20 and I go by them more frequently- have 2 , each in oposite directions.

/ HST FLUID #3  
I use Shell Spirax, high quality - you can't go wrong. And of course Shell Rotella for engine oil. Of course, I only have to go a mile to buy it and it's frequently on sale...

/ HST FLUID #4  
I've been giving some thought to hydraulic oil recently as I'll be looking at doing my first filter and oil change sometime in the summer. One thing I noticed during one of the cold spells we had in southern New Brunswick was the horrible noise the hydraulic pump on the engine made until the oil warmed up.

Given that we don't get extreme heat in NB I'm wondering if there is an alternate oil that might work better in our climate. Based on what I've ready Kubota UDT is fine in Kioti tractors, SUDT is a multi weight oil for cooler climates and SUDT-2 is the be all and end all when it comes to UTF as it's a 75% synthetic oil.

I know it will cost more to put something like SUDT-2 in my tractor but I'm thinking that it will work better for me in this climate and I'm planning on keeping this tractor for a VERY long time, so I don't mind putting a couple extra dollars into it in the long run.

Does anyone know of a reason why SUDT or SUDT-2 wouldn't be ok in my my DK40?

Jason

/ HST FLUID
The shell spirax has quite a few different oils. I am not sure the one to use. Any thought on what one to use.

/ HST FLUID #6  
Shell Spirax S4 TXM (the one that says formerly call Donax TD)

/ HST FLUID #8  
Shell Spirax S4 TXM (the one that says formerly call Donax TD)

I used the Shell Donax at my first change and then the new named Spirex S4 TXM in later changes. It's a 10w-30 weight and works well in Winter (coldest -4F') and in Summer. For the engine, I use Rotella 5w-40 for Summer and Winter.

The Kubota hydro oil would be fine in a kioti especially because it's a multi weight. The synthetic will also work well. Some members here have mentioned using the Amsoil synthetic with good results but it's expensive but Amsoil advises that you can go longer in change intervals.

/ HST FLUID #9  
I found my manual to check and see how much oil I'll need and right there in the main table they have a list of acceptable oils and they list Donax TD, so maybe I'll try the multi weight TXM and see how it works next winter.

Jason

/ HST FLUID #10  
I used the Mobilflluid 424. I don't know if it a great oil or not, but it was on the list, and was what I could find locally.

James K0UA