Filters question??

/ Filters question?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
I understand folks are trying to save a buck or two myself included BUT why do folks buy Kioti tractors and then try to find anyway they can to buy filters and parts NOT from there dealership?Iguess I am missing something?I bought with confindence to deal with my local dealer to help support me with parts and advice to maintian my tractor. I am here to support my local dealer Michigan Iron & equipment to the fullest extent because if there out of business I am to.Just want to state I am not affilated with MI in anyway but WILL support my Kioti dealer so they will be here for me in the future if I need parts or service.coobie

Last edited:
   / Filters question?? #2  
You can get the exact same parts online for cheaper. Why pay dealer prices? Are you nuts?

/ Filters question??
You can get the exact same parts online for cheaper. Why pay dealer prices? Are you nuts?
Not nuts how about you?Maybe you can enlighten me about all of these online deals for cheaper?Just curious?coobie.

Last edited:
   / Filters question??
When you are need REAL service problems or parts say engine ,clutch,gears maybe you can go on line and get help?Ya I guess I am nuts.IMHO,I enjoy to pickup my phone and speak to my local dealer who will help me with any problems that I have.Ya I guess I am nuts for good service how about you internet deweller?I also have to tell ya there is nothing more that I enjoy is when I pickup my part from my dealer he has a fresh pot of coffee brewing(can,t beat that)and a chance to visit.Life is good and I don,t have to search the net for the lowest price.When these dealers are all gone because of the net tell me who is going to fix or help you with your problems?To anwser your question I guess I am nuts and LOVE IT.I WILL SUPPORT MY DEALER TO THE FULLEST.coobie

Last edited:
   / Filters question?? #5  

Speaking of nutz, when was the last time you had anything fixed online?:confused3::eek:
And NO, one can't buy Kioti hydrostatic filters cheaper online, they're ONLY sold by dealers, some of whom have online ordering, BUT they're still OEM filters and one has to pay S/H either way. Next time your Deere breaks call up an online repair shop. Let us know when you find one. BTW, Deere is big on closing all small single store dealerships in favor of megamall stores- good luck in your quest to be cheap.

/ Filters question?? #6  
Everyone does what works best for them. I did not buy my tractor through a Kioti dealer. I did call the closest dealer when I did my fluid change. He only dealt with the small stuff and had no interest in ordering filters for DKs. Even told me I would do better online. Straight up guy, would have liked to do buisness with him. The closest dealer that I could use for parts is about 2 plus hours away. I have called them, but their prices are way out of line compared to what I can find online including shipping. I am fortunate in that I have the facilities and know how to do my own repairs. I do not need dealer service. For me it is more important to support my local NAPA dealer. But that is just me, I would never criticize anyone for doing something different.

/ Filters question?? #7  
My closest dealers are an hour away.
Why drive a 2 hour + round trip when I can just purchase online and have it delivered to my door!
Or I can go to the local Napa for a filter that is 2 miles from the house.

/ Filters question?? #8  
Speaking of nutz, when was the last time you had anything fixed online?:confused3::eek:
And NO, one can't buy Kioti hydrostatic filters cheaper online, they're ONLY sold by dealers, some of whom have online ordering, BUT they're still OEM filters and one has to pay S/H either way. Next time your Deere breaks call up an online repair shop. Let us know when you find one. BTW, Deere is big on closing all small single store dealerships in favor of megamall stores- good luck in your quest to be cheap.

Not being cheap. It's called frugal, troll. And who was talking about online repair shops? Is that something you just made up? I buy parts online whenever i need them and do the repairs myself. What's so hard about that? Seems that is what most people do to save a buck. Plus, some of us enjoy working on tractors. I guess when you own a kioti you have to do a lot of repairs, at least that's what seems to be a major complaint about them.

/ Filters question?? #9  
I buy parts online whenever i need them and do the repairs myself. What's so hard about that? Seems that is what most people do to save a buck.
That is how I do it also, for my cars, truck, motorcycle, tractor.
I just can't bring myself to pay a dealer $85-100/hour for repairs. So I do it myself

I guess when you own a kioti you have to do a lot of repairs, at least that's what seems to be a major complaint about them.
My Kioti has been nearly problem free for the past 12 years.
I have a John Deere 850 and a Kioti Dk 35.
The DK is just as reliable, and has no higher maintainance/repairs than the JD

/ Filters question?? #10  
Not being cheap. It's called frugal, troll. And who was talking about online repair shops? Is that something you just made up? I buy parts online whenever i need them and do the repairs myself. What's so hard about that? Seems that is what most people do to save a buck. Plus, some of us enjoy working on tractors. I guess when you own a kioti you have to do a lot of repairs, at least that's what seems to be a major complaint about them.

Everybody has a different comfort level when it comes to working on their tractor. You may or may not be comfortable splitting the tractor to do a repair, but I'm going to venture a guess that the majority of us aren't. It's important to have a good dealer when the time comes.

I bailed out of my JD 955 because I couldn't take having to fix the thing every time I wanted to use it. I can see how you'd get pretty good at fixing tractors yourself after awhile. I may have had a few issues with my first Kioti, but having a great dealer who had my back meant it wasn't an issue. My second Kioti has been flawless up to 100 hrs. We'll see how it ages, but it can't be any more trouble than my 955 was.