Kioti Warranty problem

/ Kioti Warranty problem #11  
Well, from every definition I've ever seen, steering would not be considered part of the powertrain. I think you're really looking for assistance from Kioti under some type of good will program, who knows how easy that will be to get. You say it's only when it's hot outside, how often does it happen?

Powertrain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

/ Kioti Warranty problem
It happens all the time in the summer when the tractor has been run for a hour or two. I guess the oil gets thin enough that it's by passing somewhere. Just not sure where yet. We've used it off and on now threw the winter when it's around -10 to 0 Celcius with no problems. Reverse squeal and steering are all fine. When I was cutting grass last fall though once you had run the tractor for a half a hour or so the steering would act up. Turns perfectly to the left but when you turn to the right you have to keep turning the steering wheel to keep it turning to the right.

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem #13  
Well, I thought I was nuts when my steering went nuts, so thank you for at least giving me some peace of mind there. The reverse sequel issue has been solved and you can easily find the answer here on TBN. Since searching TBN is difficult, here's a little trick if you don't already know. Use Google and type what ever you want to search for there. At the end of your search add site:tractorbynet.com. So try something like this:

Kioti DK reverse sequel fixed site:tractorbynet.com

That should give you that answer anyway and that may be covered under the powertrain warranty. Even if it's not, I think Kioti is providing the parts for those affected.

/ Kioti Warranty problem #14  
I can't speak for Kioti specifically, but powertrain warranty usually includes anything directly in line from the motor to the wheels, i.e. engine, transmission, drive shaft, transfer case, etc... Power steering components are not usually included.

/ Kioti Warranty problem #15  
poor farmer logger,

1st of all, welcome to TBN, if you haven't been already.
The DK squeal in reverse was started by Kattywumpas in 2010.
I'm wondering if your tractor was possibly a stolen tractor which might have been written off by the insurance company for the dealer that originally sold it? It is unusual for a car lot dealer to be selling a +/- $30K tractor, but not totally improbable. Why don't you give us the complete serial # so we can help you decipher what it means, date of manufacturer, etc.
Have you checked your front axle to see where the fluid level is at? If not, you ought to verify it is at the proper level.
I believe the left side of the front axle has a sight glass in it with a white ball that is supposed to be centered in the red circle when the fluid is full. It is located on the back side of the axle housing on the left side of the tractor between the tire and the center of the axle. (I know it is there on my DK-40, just not sure about the DK-35). Also look at the ball joints, steering rods, of both sides and look for any torn rubber boots, bent or scraped parts, etc. And make sure you have everything greased on the front end too, just to try to eliminate any obvious possibly overlooked explanations for the steering malfunction.
Best to keep all correspondence by email or letter with your dealer and Kioti Corporate, this way you have a record of what was said and by whom and when. I would start by writing a letter detailing what your understanding was when you first spoke to your dealer about the problems you were having and that they told you to return now for resolution, and you fail to understand why they are now telling you they can't help you. Even if they don't respond to this at least you will have established your understanding of what they told you at the beginning. Depending on what their response is if anything to your letter, then you can proceed up the food chain with Corporate until you have satisfactory resolution to your issues. Kioti does usually come through for their customers and often it can be a long process but it is usually worth the struggle in the end result.
Don't fold- we're here to help you find a solution.:thumbsup:

/ Kioti Warranty problem
Hi Ken, I had found that post last fall when I was looking threw the site for possible problems. I talked to my dealer about it and he said that they would look after that when they worked on the power steering problem. I had provided him with part numbers and everything so he could contact Kioti to find out more abut the solution. I can do it myself so I'm not real concerned about that part of it. If I have to I'm reasonably sure I can work threw the power steering problem as well but I would like Kioti and my dealer to stand behind their word and take care of it for me. Would be different if they'd said up front no we can't help you but when they're flip flopping around like this it makes it a little more frustrating and makes me go after them more..

Power steering may very well not be covered by the power train warranty I don't know for certain. It was within days of it expiring when we complained they told us at the time though so they said they would look after it anyways. Plus the hours were considerably low. At least I thought they were.

Thanks for the welcome Coyote machine. I did go threw the tractor just after we got it to make sure everything was as it should be. Also greased everything I could find. There's no play in the tie rods that I'm aware of. Certainly haven't noticed any while working with it. Everything seems nice and tight.

The used dealer we bought it from said he bought it from a fellow who was packing up and leaving to go back to the states. He bought out most of his excess inventory and sold it off threw his dealership. Dealer seemed like a straight up fellow. Even drove 3 hours to deliver it for us at no additional charge. One part he slipped up on was the year. He sold it to us as a 2010 and we latter found out that it is a 2008 that was sold new in 2010. Weither he new that before hand I can't say one way or the other.

I'll keep at them and see what I can come up with. If all else fails between myself and some people on the great forum I'm sure we can figure out the problem.

Complete vin is HH2200042

Thanks

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem #17  
It happens all the time in the summer when the tractor has been run for a hour or two. I guess the oil gets thin enough that it's by passing somewhere. Just not sure where yet. We've used it off and on now threw the winter when it's around -10 to 0 Celcius with no problems. Reverse squeal and steering are all fine. When I was cutting grass last fall though once you had run the tractor for a half a hour or so the steering would act up. Turns perfectly to the left but when you turn to the right you have to keep turning the steering wheel to keep it turning to the right.

Ryan

My guess would be the steering orbital. Sounds like it has some parts out of spec, worn. BUT!! if you have a bad seal in the cylinder it will do the same thing. I always check the cylinder first because it is easy to do. Most of the time if it is temp related it is steel parts that are the problem but I have seen seals act the same way. I can tell you how to check the cylinder on the tractor if you like. like Ken says the reverse issue is a quick fix. CJ

/ Kioti Warranty problem #18  
You bought it new or with 150 hours on it you can't do both.

/ Kioti Warranty problem
murphy1244, I don't recall saying we bought it new and that certainly isn't the case. Might have possibly miss typed somewhere, I'm not sure where you got that from. We bought it used with 150 hours on it.

CJONE, I haven't checked the cylinder yet. I think I know how to check it though. Pull the return line off with the wheels turned all the way and see if there is oil coming out. I haven't looked at the tractor yet to determine which is the return line though and am not 100% certain on the procedure. I've got ahold of a steering service manual from another member here so that will help greatly I'm sure. Hopefully everythign crosses over between the two series of tractors. Brother had to download it for me as I'm on dial up so I don't have it in hand yet. Our dealer though it was most likely the orbital pump. He said they had changed one before.

Thanks everyone

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem #20  
Hi Ken, I had found that post last fall when I was looking threw the site for possible problems. I talked to my dealer about it and he said that they would look after that when they worked on the power steering problem. I had provided him with part numbers and everything so he could contact Kioti to find out more abut the solution. I can do it myself so I'm not real concerned about that part of it. If I have to I'm reasonably sure I can work threw the power steering problem as well but I would like Kioti and my dealer to stand behind their word and take care of it for me. Would be different if they'd said up front no we can't help you but when they're flip flopping around like this it makes it a little more frustrating and makes me go after them more..

Power steering may very well not be covered by the power train warranty I don't know for certain. It was within days of it expiring when we complained they told us at the time though so they said they would look after it anyways. Plus the hours were considerably low. At least I thought they were.

Thanks for the welcome Coyote machine. I did go threw the tractor just after we got it to make sure everything was as it should be. Also greased everything I could find. There's no play in the tie rods that I'm aware of. Certainly haven't noticed any while working with it. Everything seems nice and tight.

The used dealer we bought it from said he bought it from a fellow who was packing up and leaving to go back to the states. He bought out most of his excess inventory and sold it off threw his dealership. Dealer seemed like a straight up fellow. Even drove 3 hours to deliver it for us at no additional charge. One part he slipped up on was the year. He sold it to us as a 2010 and we latter found out that it is a 2008 that was sold new in 2010. Weither he new that before hand I can't say one way or the other.

I'll keep at them and see what I can come up with. If all else fails between myself and some people on the great forum I'm sure we can figure out the problem.

Complete vin is HH2200042

Thanks

Ryan

Here's the thing about tractors: The date of manufacture IS NOT the date of warranty start. The first in service date, when the tractor was first sold retail, and put into service, is when the warranty begins. The tractor could have been manufactured in 2004 and put into first use in 2011 and the 2011 date is what matters for ALL warranty service.

You may have checked the front end for being tight, etc, BUT you need to verify fluid levels as explained earlier to KNOW that they are where they are supposed to be.