Kioti Warranty problem

/ Kioti Warranty problem #21  
murphy1244, I don't recall saying we bought it new and that certainly isn't the case. Might have possibly miss typed somewhere, I'm not sure where you got that from. We bought it used with 150 hours on it.

CJONE, I haven't checked the cylinder yet. I think I know how to check it though. Pull the return line off with the wheels turned all the way and see if there is oil coming out. I haven't looked at the tractor yet to determine which is the return line though and am not 100% certain on the procedure. I've got ahold of a steering service manual from another member here so that will help greatly I'm sure. Hopefully everythign crosses over between the two series of tractors. Brother had to download it for me as I'm on dial up so I don't have it in hand yet. Our dealer though it was most likely the orbital pump. He said they had changed one before.

Thanks everyone

Ryan

Well that's it, your out of warranty.

/ Kioti Warranty problem
I did actually check all the fluids on it last fall when we got it. Did a oil change on it and checked everything over on it just to make sure it was all set to use..

I understand the warranty, that's why we are assuming there's just shy of one and a half years left on the power train as they told us it was sold in Aug 2010. So Aug 2010 would be the starting date for the warranty. This info all came from the dealer we're dealing with now. I have no other way to verify it at all.

Why is that murphy1244 according to the dealer and Kioti there was still two years left on it when we got it?? Warranty was actually transfered to us at the time they said.

/ Kioti Warranty problem #23  
I did actually check all the fluids on it last fall when we got it. Did a oil change on it and checked everything over on it just to make sure it was all set to use..

I understand the warranty, that's why we are assuming there's just shy of one and a half years left on the power train as they told us it was sold in Aug 2010. So Aug 2010 would be the starting date for the warranty. This info all came from the dealer we're dealing with now. I have no other way to verify it at all.

Why is that murphy1244 according to the dealer and Kioti there was still two years left on it when we got it?? Warranty was actually transfered to us at the time they said.

Which dealer told you the warranty was transferred to you? The auto dealer who sold it to you, or the Kioti Dealer who said they'd help and is now telling you to pound salt? Kioti who? Corporate? Did you ever get any paperwork from anyone showing that you have been transferred onto the warranty on this serial number tractor?

Until you can get verification IN WRITING that you are the current owner according to Kioti Corporate files OR a dealer printout of the tractor and serial number showing your name as the registered owner you are out of luck.
Assuming you CAN'T do the above, you still need to fix the steering problem and the noise from the HST, yes?
So if it were me I'd look for the above to happen, and if it can't or doesn't then I'd still look at what you need to do to fix the steering, etc.
BTW, checking the fluids last fall is not the same as making sure when you have an issue, NOW, that they are at the correct levels. Have you verified if the axle is filled with the proper amount of the correct fluid. Do you know what is supposed to be used in the front axle, after first service?

/ Kioti Warranty problem
The Kioti dealer told us that the warranty would be transfered and that Kioti Corporate is now saying no they can't warranty it.

That is why I was hoping to talk to someone higher up in Kioti to try and get some straight definate answers. What I'm getting from my dealer has been pretty vauge and they seem to have given up trying to get anymore info.

The problem was occuring when I checked the oil levels. Only oil levels that woud affect the steering anyways would be the hydraulic. Gear oil levels would not affect it at all. It's just over seven months since I went threw is so I can't remember what oils they call for specifically. I have to much equipment around her to look after to remember every thing exactly all the time. Nearly every piece of equipment I have calls for different oils.

Hopefully no one takes what I'm saying as being argumentative or mean as I'm just trying to give straight honest answers in hope of getting some straight answers. Haven't heard back from Kioti corporate yet.

It will definatley get fixed one way or another it's to nice of a tractor otherwise to just get rid of and so far it doesn't seem to have any other worrisome problems. It's more tractor than what we need for what it's doing but the deal seemed right at the time. We made him a offer and he took it.

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem #25  
The Kioti dealer told us that the warranty would be transfered and that Kioti Corporate is now saying no they can't warranty it.

That is why I was hoping to talk to someone higher up in Kioti to try and get some straight definate answers. What I'm getting from my dealer has been pretty vauge and they seem to have given up trying to get anymore info.

The problem was occuring when I checked the oil levels. Only oil levels that woud affect the steering anyways would be the hydraulic. Gear oil levels would not affect it at all. It's just over seven months since I went threw is so I can't remember what oils they call for specifically. I have to much equipment around her to look after to remember every thing exactly all the time. Nearly every piece of equipment I have calls for different oils.

Hopefully no one takes what I'm saying as being argumentative or mean as I'm just trying to give straight honest answers in hope of getting some straight answers. Haven't heard back from Kioti corporate yet.

It will definatley get fixed one way or another it's to nice of a tractor otherwise to just get rid of and so far it doesn't seem to have any other worrisome problems. It's more tractor than what we need for what it's doing but the deal seemed right at the time. We made him a offer and he took it.

Ryan

Yes and no. The hydraulic fluid may in fact power the power steering aspect of the front end but the actual axle and all it's components and it's SEPERATE fluid also play a part in how the tractor steers, especially if the axle fluid is not to the proper level and of the correct type. The axle takes UTF OR gear oil 80/90 W, so even if you have 10 vehicles which take various fluids it still makes sense to check and verify the level.
You can do what you want, but that's where I'd start. And FWIW, I make a list of intervals and fluid types on my 'puter, then print them out so I can record each vehicles critical fluid changes, filters, grease schedule, etc., and put them on a clipboard, then it's easy to see and fill out after doing specific services. Then I print out a new sheet when I need one, or copy the sheet marked MASTER. And I've got to maintain 4 Toyotas from 2008- 2012, the Kioti, a 225HP 4 stroke Yamaha outboard, new last year, ($20,000) installed, a Suzuki King Quad ATV, a DR. Mower/Brush mower, a 20KW B&S Propane generator, a couple of other lawnmowers and a gang mower, plus 7+ Stihl chain saws, etc., etc.
You're darn right you have an excellent tractor there, and you can and will get things resolved. You won't regret it either. Trust me I had a DK-35se/hst before I traded it for my current DK-40se/hst and I put 350 grueling hours on it in just over a year, and traded up because it was my first, and was not quite strong enough for what I needed it to do. Not the tractor's fault - mostly mine due to not having a real clue at the time what was suited to my needs. It was a great tractor and served me well.

/ Kioti Warranty problem
No disrespect ment but I do and did check all the fluid levels when I serviced it last fall. (That was just after the problmes started.) Just regular maintenance item. Typically I just take the owners or service manual with when ever I do a regular service. I always check oils and if I do indeed have to top something up I refer back to the manual to verify oil type.

This is a regular day in my shop working on equipment like this. Shops been updated a bit to make life a little easier since the pic was taken. New lights and a new over head door that we installed ourselves. Not trying to make myself look big and important or anything like that just the fact that we do all our own servicing and maintenance so it's not something that's new to us. Again please don't take any of this the wrong way as I do appreciate the help.

Ryan

Attachments

• 100_3226.JPG
    100_3226.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 172
   / Kioti Warranty problem #27  
No disrespect ment but I do and did check all the fluid levels when I serviced it last fall. (That was just after the problmes started.) Just regular maintenance item. Typically I just take the owners or service manual with when ever I do a regular service. I always check oils and if I do indeed have to top something up I refer back to the manual to verify oil type.

This is a regular day in my shop working on equipment like this. Shops been updated a bit to make life a little easier since the pic was taken. New lights and a new over head door that we installed ourselves. Not trying to make myself look big and important or anything like that just the fact that we do all our own servicing and maintenance so it's not something that's new to us. Again please don't take any of this the wrong way as I do appreciate the help.

Ryan

Nice Cat! Want one!
Do me a personal favor and verify the axle's fluid level. It's as simple as looking at the site glass on level ground.
Thanks.

CM out

/ Kioti Warranty problem
Thanks, it's a older machine but still in decent shape. Plan is to try and fully restore it one day and then buy a newer one for regular use.

Will try and double check for you in the next day or two. As I remember the sight glass is on the left hand lower side of the front diff. It's sitting in the shed in storage so I'm not sure how level it is sitting at the moment or if I can get a picture of it but will see what I can do. Cold enough at nights yet that I don't really want to start it up and move it right now. Still going down to around -20C(-4F) at night. We have a Case 90XT skid steer for regualr loader duty so the tractor doesn't move a whole lot in the winter. Just when it warms up we take it out and run it for a bit just to keep everything lubricated and moving..

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem #29  
This is what I think that is going on. When you gave the dealer all the info, he turn in a warranty then and Kioti has paid the dealer. Maybe when you do get to Kioti you can find out the claims that have been turned in on it. Also under who's name the claim was made (dealer and owner).

/ Kioti Warranty problem
Hopefully I hear back from Kioti this week. Not sure what sort of turn around time they have on responses so I guess we'll just sit and wait patiently for the time being.

I would hope my dealer is more honest then that but in this day and age it's hard to tell who to trust anymore..

Ryan