Kioti Warranty problem

/ Kioti Warranty problem #31  
This is what I think that is going on. When you gave the dealer all the info, he turn in a warranty then and Kioti has paid the dealer. Maybe when you do get to Kioti you can find out the claims that have been turned in on it. Also under who's name the claim was made (dealer and owner).

Really? Warranty for what? What parts were used? Paid to do what? Sounds far fetched to me.

/ Kioti Warranty problem
There have been warranty fraud cases before with crooked dealers. Billing for things that never actually got done. Or dealer orders parts bills the manufacteur puts someone elses used parts back on and puts the new parts into their parts inventory. Bit of a reach probably but almost anything is possible in the day and age.

Was up today and made a quick trip in the machine shed to check the oil level. I didn't have a camera with me at the time but I managed to get down close enough and had just enough lite to see the little white plastic ball floating at the top of the site glass in the oil. This was on the left hand side on the back of the front diff. So as I had mentioned before the oil level was and is up. The manual shows a check plug on the front right side I believe it is but I ddn't pull that plug out today at all..

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem #33  
There have been warranty fraud cases before with crooked dealers. Billing for things that never actually got done. Or dealer orders parts bills the manufacteur puts someone elses used parts back on and puts the new parts into their parts inventory. Bit of a reach probably but almost anything is possible in the day and age.

Was up today and made a quick trip in the machine shed to check the oil level. I didn't have a camera with me at the time but I managed to get down close enough and had just enough lite to see the little white plastic ball floating at the top of the site glass in the oil. This was on the left hand side on the back of the front diff. So as I had mentioned before the oil level was and is up. The manual shows a check plug on the front right side I believe it is but I ddn't pull that plug out today at all..

Ryan

Yes the oil is up. But it's up TOO FAR!* It's supposed to have the ball balanced in the middle of the red circle in the middle of the site glass, not with the ball at the top. It leaves no room for expansion, which is why the sight glass, bullseye and ball are there.
*Assuming you have it on level ground to look at the level its too full.

Like you I'm not naive about what crooked people can and may do to scam manufacturers or consumers. I doubt that is the case with your tractor though. I could be wrong- there's always a first time for anything:laughing:

/ Kioti Warranty problem
It was sitting on a slight incline but I don't think it was enough to have a drastic effect on it. I didn't notice a red dot on it but it was dark. I did presume that the oil is a bit over full but typically it's not a deal braker. I don't beleive Kioti has a breather on the front diff though do they??

Hopefully have something new to post in the next day or two..

One thing that may be mixed up is the serial number. I haven't double checked the number on the tractor again yet but see where we wrote the same number in the owners manual with one less zero in it. I was going by the number we had wrote down in our files. Forgot to double check it while I was there this afternoon. Pretty sure the dealer had the correct one last fall though.. Can check the bill of sale as I know it's correct just have to dig threw a bunch of other files to get it though..

/ Kioti Warranty problem #35  
Your level is fine until temps start getting back up or you ck it on level ground. Mine have been high for 6 months with no issues. I have not had issues with steering on DK45 so I am not up to snuff on what is exactly there. Sounds like system is not stopping fluid or maintaining pressure when you hold wheel in turn. You have to constantly turn wheel to add oil or pressure to keep wheels from straightning out. End of my knowledge without knowing system.

Have no advice except what you are doing with warranty issue. Keep your attitude that will help. Keep us posted and we will help all we can even if we have to fix your problem and not a dealer. BTY welcome to TBN. I also live where your word or a hand shake is a contract. I understand your persistence with dealer. Good luck

/ Kioti Warranty problem #36  
murphy1244, I don't recall saying we bought it new and that certainly isn't the case. Might have possibly miss typed somewhere, I'm not sure where you got that from. We bought it used with 150 hours on it.

CJONE, I haven't checked the cylinder yet. I think I know how to check it though. Pull the return line off with the wheels turned all the way and see if there is oil coming out. I haven't looked at the tractor yet to determine which is the return line though and am not 100% certain on the procedure. I've got ahold of a steering service manual from another member here so that will help greatly I'm sure. Hopefully everythign crosses over between the two series of tractors. Brother had to download it for me as I'm on dial up so I don't have it in hand yet. Our dealer though it was most likely the orbital pump. He said they had changed one before.

Thanks everyone

Ryan

Yea, you are correct on the cylinder. Pull the opposite line of and if you have fluid running out of the cylinder fitting it has to be bypassing internally. CJ

/ Kioti Warranty problem
Will be a bit before it gets warm enough out to get a good test but will report back with what I find if Kioti doesn't come threw.

No new news as of yet with them. Phoned them this morning but got transfered to another fellow and ended up with voicemail.

I did check the serial number and the one posted is the correct one.

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem
Well finally got a respons from Kioti today. Below was my email to them and their reply. Not to much the wiser so far but at least have my foot in the door. Also have another dealer looking into it for us so we'll see what he comes up with as well. Just thought I'd post the update. Haven't given up yet.

RE: Hello, last fall we purchased a used Kioti DK35SE from a used dealer in Meadow Lake Saskatchewan. He had purchased the tractor in a package deal to resell. We went to our local dealer last fall to get the waranty transfered to us. They contacted Kioti and said that it would be done and wouldn't be any problem. Latter that fall we had a problem with the tractor. When it heated up the steering would act up. When you turned to the right the steering would go back to center on it's own. Also there was a squeal when reversing. With a little research I found out there was a update kit from Kioti(attenuator kit) that installed a hose to dampen the noise from the oil so I'm not real concerned about that. My main concern is the steering issue.

When we talked to our dealer this spring now they claim that we no longer have warranty and we're getting a bit of a run around with stories as to why not. Some of them do not add up either.

The tractor is a 2008 that was bought new in Aug. 2010 according to what Kioti told us last fall so there should still be roughly a year and a half of warranty left yet. I'mjust trying to get some straight answers and hopefully get this problem sorted out and put to rest.

We're happy with the tractor aside from the before mentioned problems but we're a little scared now of the service that we are going to recieve after the fact.

Ryan

There are various situations that can affect the warranty on a KIOTI tractor. Any tractor sold at auction no longer carries a warranty and any second owner of a tractor will need to register the tractor will KIOTI to receive the transferred warranty. It would be best to contact your local dealer to further discuss this issue. If they are not able to satisfactorily answer your question regarding this matter, it may be necessary for them to contact KIOTI痴 warranty department for further clarification.

Sincerely,

KIOTI Customer Relations

/ Kioti Warranty problem #39  
Sounds like a catch 22 deal.

/ Kioti Warranty problem
Just for arguments sake I would say we are the second owners of the tractor. Take for instance if you purchase a 1 owner vehicle from a dealer you become the second owner right?? Albeit this wasn't a Kioti dealer but a dealer none the less. I don't know, we'll see how things play out here and I'll let you guys now if anything new developes.

Maybe the other dealer will be able to come up with some better answers. Sure wish there was someone I could talk to in person rather then email or phone. Probably get some better answers quicker..

Ryan