Kioti Warranty problem

/ Kioti Warranty problem #1  

poor farmer logger

Tractor
DK35 SE w/cab
Hi everyone, I posted about a problem last fall with Our Kioti DK35 SE. Dealer said he was going to look into it and get the warantee straightend out for us. It was getting late and the roads were muddy so we held off taking it in. Went in and talked to the dealer a little bit ago and now he says that they will not warantee it. And that they can't even find it now. Seems odd as they gave us all the info on it 6 months ago. Getting a real run around now and just trying to find out where we can turn or who we can talk to, to try and get some answers straightend out.

Tractor was sold new in 2010. Tractor was bought in a package by a used car lot and we purchased it from him. Had 150 hours on it when we bought it last fall. Problems that came up with it is when you turn to the right when it's hot out the steering straightens itself out. Also it has the annoying reverse squeal when it gets hot..

If anyone can give us any names or numbers to contact I'd really appreciate it. Dealer gave us one number to phone but I'm loosing faith in them with the stories they're telling us. Service guy even spelt Kioti wrong so I don't know how much fait I can put into that number. Also tried to tell us that he thought the tractor may have been made in 2000. Pretty sure they didn't even exist at that time. (ones like ours I mean)

I find it's easiest to try and go to the top in thses situations so if anyone knows any sales reps or higher ups in Kioti that we can talk to I'd appreciate any info that may help us out. Really like the tractor aside from the problems that have came up just getting leary about the service end of it.

We're located in Saskatchewan Canada

Thanks

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem #2  
Hey Ken, is this your tractor?

/ Kioti Warranty problem #3  
Just to be clear after reading your post.
"Tractor was bought in a package by a used car lot and we purchased it from him. "
You bought the tractor from a used car lot? That's how I read you posting, so is it a Kioti dealer you have been talking to?

/ Kioti Warranty problem #4  
Send us a picture so we can try to figure out the year. Better yet the SN. The fact that it is a third party tractor that didn't come from that dealer complicates things. He should be able to run the SN and tell year and whether it has warranty.
The tractors came w/ a 4 yr warranty later on so it will already be out of it's first two, yrs. 3&4 is P.T. and engine but has limitations.

/ Kioti Warranty problem
Mousefield it was a Kioti dealer that we were dealing with for the warranty. The used dealer however was not a Kioti dealer unfortunatley and I do understand that this could complicate things to a certain degree. Something that I wouldn't think would be a deal breaker for warranty alone though. Just my thinking anyways.

SN# that I have for it is HH22000 and a couple more numbers beyond that. Beleive the H should put it as a 08 if I've read correctly from before. If you nead the whole number I can post it but would rather leave a little bit out if I can.

Hopefully this will work. Should be a couple of pictures.

Ryan

Attachments

• 100_5682.JPG
    100_5682.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 295
  • 100_5683.JPG
    100_5683.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 314
   / Kioti Warranty problem
Glad that worked out.

Just a extra note. The dealer ran the serial number last fall with Kioti and they gave us what info they could on it. Now 6 moths latter they're claiming that they can't find it and giving us a bit of a run around on it which is pretty frustrating.

I also found a spot on Kioti's site where I could send off a email concerning warranty so we'll see where that leads us.

Thanks

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem #7  
Hey Ken, is this your tractor?

LOL, nope :laughing: With my first Kioti (the CK30 Murph is referring to), I had a very bizarre steering issue that I almost didn't want to tell anybody because it just didn't seem possible or believable. The exact details are a little fuzzy now, but when turning the steering wheel not much of anything would happen until you got hard over and then it would turn randomly in one direction a random amount. I lifted the front of the tractor with the FEL and played with it a bit because it was so confusing, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a dream, but after turning the machine off and then back on, all was fine. I never had the issue again, but traded it after a year, after a couple other issues.

I've got a long list of upper management you can deal with along with the Canadian rep (not sure if there's an eastern and western rep). That's not the way to start though, you need to keep at your dealer and if they can't help, start at the ground floor of Kioti HQ (1-800 number on their website). I've helped one member get past the wall Kioti puts up and I'm happy to help again, but try calling them first. Also I don't understand the issue yet, are they saying your tractor is now out of warranty or just the issue isn't covered in the extended warranty? There is a 2 year "bucket to link end" warranty, but after that it's just power train. Unfortunately, it sounds like it may come down to a your word against the dealers word if the problem is your warranty expired in the six months since you brought the problem up, but Kioti may offer you help under a good will program. Start that way and post your results.

/ Kioti Warranty problem
Hi Ken, that's the problem they won't tell us why they will not warranty it now. When we first complained they said the comprehensive warranty had just expired but they would take care of it anyways even if power train didn't cover it. We didn't get a chance to get it in last fall though and the tractor operates 100% when it's cold out so it's a little hard to diagnose it. They said it would be fine if we brought it back in the spring when it warms up again. Now all of a sudden we get a phone call saying that they will not warranty the tractor anymore with no perticular reason why.

I asked my dealer if I could contact a Canadian rep to talk to them about it and he said there was none. So I don't know what to beleive anymore.. While searching last night I see that they're advertising for a Western Canadian rep so it doesn't appear that there is a split yet.

I'm not one to just fold over and give up so I'll keep going up the chain and see what I can accomplish/find out.. I'll keep everyone updated as things progress..

Thanks

Ryan

/ Kioti Warranty problem #9  
Hi Ken, that's the problem they won't tell us why they will not warranty it now. When we first complained they said the comprehensive warranty had just expired but they would take care of it anyways even if power train didn't cover it. We didn't get a chance to get it in last fall though and the tractor operates 100% when it's cold out so it's a little hard to diagnose it. They said it would be fine if we brought it back in the spring when it warms up again. Now all of a sudden we get a phone call saying that they will not warranty the tractor anymore with no perticular reason why.

I asked my dealer if I could contact a Canadian rep to talk to them about it and he said there was none. So I don't know what to beleive anymore.. While searching last night I see that they're advertising for a Western Canadian rep so it doesn't appear that there is a split yet.

I'm not one to just fold over and give up so I'll keep going up the chain and see what I can accomplish/find out.. I'll keep everyone updated as things progress..

Thanks

Ryan

Good plan. There is a Canadian rep, I talked to him, he gave me a bunch of free stuff, but I'm not sure how regional he is. Your situation is a little different because it was out of warranty when you first called the dealer. The dealer has obviously had a change of heart, but Kioti itself may help you with it. It happens all the time with cars, I just had the experience 8 months ago when my A/C quite 5000 out of warranty.

/ Kioti Warranty problem
Power train warranty should still be in effect though I would think. I would expect that steering would be considered powertrain but maybe I'm out to lunch. With only 150 hours on it I would hope kioti would come up with something at the very least.

I'm starting to wonder if there maybe isn't something else going on with the dealer itself like possibly in trouble with Kioti or losing the chain. I don't know. Whole thing just seems a little bit odd in a way. I know they haven't brought any new tractors in for about a year now so that's one thing that makes me wonder a bit. Trouble is the next closest dealer is 3-4 hours away.

Ryan