DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question)

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question) #1  

sirrobinhood

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55
After I drain the oil on both sides of the axle, the manual calls for around 2 gallons of oil, is that 2 gallons each side? Do I fill just one side?

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question) #2  
total, your doing the front? right? there is a site glass on the back of the left side. fill till dot floats in the middle run check again. That fill port on your right fills both sides.

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question)
total, your doing the front? right? there is a site glass on the back of the left side. fill till dot floats in the middle run check again. That fill port on your right fills both sides.

Yep front. The manual states drain oil, pull check plug/fill plug then refill and install check plug? How can u fill if the check plug is out?

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question) #4  
I guess on yours you fill till it weeps from the check plug then your full where mine has a site glass.

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question) #5  
I think the term fill/check plug might be a transation thing, but fill plug could be used as a check plug if you stick a samll clean probe down to see if the oil is at half full. Look on the axle left side of pivot standing beside tractor and look for the sight glass.

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question) #6  
I guess on yours you fill till it weeps from the check plug then your full where mine has a site glass.

Murph I think he has one of the older DK35, not a DK35se.. Maybe they have a check plug like the Kubota standard L series.

To the Original Poster, Make sure you are on perfectly level ground when you fill/check. Then run the tractor a few hours and fill/check again. there often is air pockets that will need filling a second time.

James K0UA

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question) #7  
Murph I think he has one of the older DK35, not a DK35se.. Seems they have a check plug like the Kubota standard L series.

To the Original Poster, Make sure you are on perfectly level ground when you fill/check. Then run the tractor a few hours and fill/check again. there often is air pockets that will need filling a second time.

James K0UA

Thanks for the back up James.

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question) #8  
Sirrobinhood, to be clear, we think you may have an older model of DK35, not a DK35se, because if you have the DK35se you would have a sight-glass on the tractors left side of the inboard side of the front axle. In other words if you stepped off of the tractor and looked forward towards the front axle you would see the sight-glass. It would be a little white ball that should be centered in the sight-glass when properly filled and the axle is perfectly level. If you don't have this, and you have a fill plug on the top of the right side of the axle, and perhaps a check plug on the side of the axle down lower about halfway down the sides. then you remove the check plug and start filling from the top plug until fluid starts running out of the check plug. This is the way the Standard L series Kubota's are equipped. Any questions call back.:)

James K0UA

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question) #9  
The older model DK 35 has the site glass also. (at least I know my 2001 model does )
My front axle takes time to get it full.
It will show overfull till I drive it a little. Then the oil will settle out and show low. Add some more and run it again till the oil settles out.
You will need to do that several times till its done taking oil and stays settled on the full mark.

/ DK35 Axle oil.(Dumb Question) #10  
The older model DK 35 has the site glass also. (at least I know my 2001 model does )
My front axle takes time to get it full.
It will show overfull till I drive it a little. Then the oil will settle out and show low. Add some more and run it again till the oil settles out.
You will need to do that several times till its done taking oil and stays settled on the full mark.

Well that makes me wonder where he got the verbiage about a fill plug and a check plug.? My last tractor the Kubota L3400 had the check plug, on the front of the axle about 1/2 way down, and I just assumed maybe the older models might have that same setup. Well in any case I guess he needs to report back what he saw now that he knows where to look for it:)

James K0UA