ck27 loosing power?

/ ck27 loosing power? #1  

bullet20

hi tonight i had a neighbor in need so i hooked up the backhoe on the ck27, and another friend was here which i needed fuel he had off road in his fuel tank , so i got alil before heading over to the mans house to dig a drain up. on the way i lost power, it was still idling fine and held good rpm and ran the back hoe excellent after i made a quick look over. yesterday the only thing that was done was a oil change and a grease job. i have not changed the fuel filter on the maching it has like 300 hours. i am planning on looking it over saturday after work, it ran like a champ on the road back them started it agian. almost like i was out of fuel... could it be the off road? the filter? water? thanks guys

/ ck27 loosing power? #2  
Just bing Off Road fuel would not make any difference. Fuel is the same exept the dye in it to identify for tax purpose. Your freinds tank may have some water in it, or filter starting to plug. If there is water in the fuel you should be able to see some in bottom of the filter bowl after it has been sitting awhile.

/ ck27 loosing power? #3  
Is the valve to your backhoe off? Probably fuel, but another culprit could be hydraulics associated with the backhoe.

/ ck27 loosing power?
Is the valve to your backhoe off? Probably fuel, but another culprit could be hydraulics associated with the backhoe.

hi guys i just put a new fuel filter as well as an air filter during my lunch break. the fuel filter only kep like a 1/4- 3/8 fuel in it. the and also it had sludge in the bottom jelly like. cleaned it all out replace with new filter , pulled a quart of fuel out it looked fine , didnt notice any water . im thinking it might be ok fixing to give it a road test. thanks guys and will post results. as for the backhoe i have the valve and it was on i did flip it to off while travling no difference so im tihnking fuel

/ ck27 loosing power?
ok guys i thought it was fixed but it is not! i drained the offroad fuel out and put in pump fuel same as my truck , i had changed the fuel
filter before. im thinking maybe water? and maybe the filter has abosorbed it up ?. i was pulling my plow everything was ok then a drop in rpm's , it idles fine , it might take back off for a bit then again . also the fuel filter was half or alil less than half full of fuel im thinking it is suposed to stay full??? is it? the fuel pump is a diafram unit which should only pulse fuel if i am thinking right ? i was told i might treat my fuel tank with lucus and change the filter again if it is water i might have to change it a couple times.

/ ck27 loosing power? #6  
The fuel pump is bad. it is the round object below the injection pump, attached to the block. I have the same issue with a CK25. Off road fuel has a higher sulfur content and will eat the diaphragm over time. Kioti recommends the use of #2 highway diesel only.

/ ck27 loosing power? #7  
Your symptoms sound like fuel starvation. Usually this is caused by blockage (clogged filters) but it seems you have ruled that out already. The lift pump (as mentioned by Jls) is another likely cause, particularly considering that your fuel filter wasn't full. This is a simple cam-operated diaphragm pump with check valves on the input and output lines. This pump is upstream of the filter so it's possible that crud in the fuel got stuck in the check valves. I doubt the off-road fuel hurt the diaphragm but if the diaphragm is broken fuel will get into the crankcase oil. Give the oil a sniff test. it's probably fine.

A new lift pump isn't super expensive (like $50 vicinity) but you might be able to fix the old one, maybe just by blowing out any crud with compressed air or possibly disassembling it; I'd have a new spare on hand first.

This should help explain how the lift pump operates:
LP.jpg

/ ck27 loosing power? #8  
ok guys i thought it was fixed but it is not! i drained the offroad fuel out and put in pump fuel same as my truck , i had changed the fuel
filter before. im thinking maybe water? and maybe the filter has abosorbed it up ?. i was pulling my plow everything was ok then a drop in rpm's , it idles fine , it might take back off for a bit then again . also the fuel filter was half or alil less than half full of fuel im thinking it is suposed to stay full??? is it? the fuel pump is a diafram unit which should only pulse fuel if i am thinking right ? i was told i might treat my fuel tank with lucus and change the filter again if it is water i might have to change it a couple times.

I have had the exact same problem & found some interesting things the other day, I had 3/4 tank & @ 2,000 rpm started to loose power like I was trying to travel in hi gear down the road. That was when I would usually get the 1/2 empty filter thing. I was just running the hoe, no big fule use or strain. So, pulled the filter, checked & cleaned, & traced the supply line down & blew in it to check for a clogg. I noticed all I was getting was a drip from the valve side & thought that was ... insuficient to say the least, when I blew in the tank fill, I got mostly AIR ! so I re-filled the tank to the top & WA-LAAA ! steady stream & the filter & pump filled & I finnished the ditch. I also noticed that the fule line from the tank comes from the "Top" of the tank so I am wondering about a bad feed hose ? kinda like the ones in a chain saw ? I too run off road fule so ??? not sure about that ! I'm going to look at that little pump & ask some Qs at my local dealer, I just thought that deal with the tank being 100% full was a big red flag. please let me know if you found "the fix" as I'm in the same orange boat. RC

/ ck27 loosing power? #9  
For RCD2, There are two fuel lines that go to the fuel tank. One from near the bottom of the tank goes to the lift pump. The other is the excess fuel return that reenters near the middle or top of the tank. I can't say on your tractor but sometimes these lines can get switched such that you run out of fuel when the tank is half full. Also (don't know if this is the case on your tractor) many diesels have a debris screen on the fuel pickup and this can get clogged by debris in the tank.