Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Default Re: Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke

Foto, that's the spirit, ATTACK & "just do it" I agree with yanking off the FEL if you can.

I just did the cardboard trick when I pulled the manifold off my 94 1 ton van. That is good advise because some of the bolts may be different length, this way you can not make a mistake. It sounds like you have a plan,,,,keep us posted as to how it all goes back together.
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

CM, no it was my DK and it does not sit much...if I remember it went around 550 hrs....there is a thread on it someplace here.
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro

Tractor
    kioti ck25

Tonight was step one Got the FEL off. Had my neighbor come over with his truck and pulled tractor out from under FEL. I learned there is a hook on the bottom of the bracket, after jacking the FEL up I was able to free it from the base. And boy I see what you guys where saying about removing it to save working around that could be a real pain in the butt. I am now wondering about attacking this project from overhead or front to back. Should I remove radiator and start from front, or can I leave it in place to save the amount of stuff I need to take off. I would hate to get into it from the top and wish I removed the radiator.Thank You for your great feedback I read them all and makes me look at things from every angle since I am in uncharted waters
    Fotoman

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

You have to drain the rad fluid anyway....might as well pull the rad off and get it out of the way.
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro

Tractor
    kioti ck25

Step two today I removed hood and attacked the project from the top of the engine.I removed all of the parts from the head and I am ready to remove head in the morning. I did find antifreeze in the manifold just puddled in the main flange. but when I check the oil dipstick I don't see or taste any antifreeze in the oil.I also removed the air intake from the head and didn't find a gasket but I have a new one from the dealer. I am planning to vacuum and clean the top of the engine before I remove the Head to keep it clean.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoman View Post
    Step two today I removed hood and attacked the project from the top of the engine.I removed all of the parts from the head and I am ready to remove head in the morning. I did find antifreeze in the manifold just puddled in the main flange. but when I check the oil dipstick I don't see or taste any antifreeze in the oil.I also removed the air intake from the head and didn't find a gasket but I have a new one from the dealer. I am planning to vacuum and clean the top of the engine before I remove the Head to keep it clean.
    FWIW, chances are you will get antifreeze in the oils passages and so on no matter how meticulous you try to be- it's just the way things usually go with engine repairs. Not to worry, you'll be able to clean up prior to the reassembly phase. It's all part of the process. That's also why you change the oil and antifreeze during the rebuild too, to reduce chance of contaminants causing problems.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    kioti ck25

new drama is snapping bolt with sleeve that holds down to head the valve cover. I snapped it in the cylinder head. what methods and tools would you recommend to remove it from head?

Tractor
    Kioti ck20

Try a small prick punch and hammer to coax it out first. If it is not bottomed out it should remove easy. If that doesn't work look for a left twisted drill. That might hook it and spin it out. Easy out is the last option.
    Phil. from Mass.
    2006 Kioti ck20 with 425 hours
    New to me 2011 K120 loader

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Also, for the remainder, hose every bolt/nut down with Kroil or Blaster & give it an hr or so to soak in, then hose 'em down again.
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

What's already been said about loosening up the bolts, and take a hammer and hit the bolt square on it's head a couple of time to put impact straight down on top of the bolt to help 'shock' the bolt and threads into freeing up any rust or other bonding, and then try twisting them out with a hand ratchet, NOT air so you can 'feel' the bolt wanting to break loose or needing more penetrating oil, etc. If all else fails use heat from a propane torch to heat up the bolt and then try turning it after it's cooled but before it's cold.
    It's tricky, sometimes if you can get a bolt to move in either direction you can use it to cut through the gunk that's binding it by going tighter to looser, and back and forth slowly until she breaks free....
    Good luck.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast