Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL

Default Re: Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke

What everyone has posted. Above all patience. I have spent 2 weeks with heat and penetrating oil on suborn bolts before. Last resort is left handed drill bits and easy outs. Critical to punch as near center as possible.
    Don
    Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL, 7 ft landscape rake, 4 ft QA forks, 7' Fisher snowplow converted to QA, Satoh Bull 630D w/fel (being restored) JD 317, mower, tiller

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by seacap04 View Post
    What everyone has posted. Above all patience. I have spent 2 weeks with heat and penetrating oil on suborn bolts before. Last resort is left handed drill bits and easy outs. Critical to punch as near center as possible.
    Sounds like you need a bigger/better impact wrench like an ingersol titanium I'd find it hard to believe they are to rusty to come off especially if stored inside. What bolts are giving you trouble?

Dave

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by xring100 View Post
    Sounds like you need a bigger/better impact wrench like an ingersol titanium I'd find it hard to believe they are to rusty to come off especially if stored inside. What bolts are giving you trouble?
    Answer: Page 2, post 17. Bolt that holds valve cover on broke off at head. Bigger/better impact won't do anything to fix this problem.
    Bolts snap for a variety of reasons, not just rust. Could have been overtorqued from the factory. Tractors travel by cargo containers from S. Korea- salt could also be a factor.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL

From what I have read bolt head is already twisted off.
    Don
    Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL, 7 ft landscape rake, 4 ft QA forks, 7' Fisher snowplow converted to QA, Satoh Bull 630D w/fel (being restored) JD 317, mower, tiller

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by fotoman View Post
    new drama is snapping bolt with sleeve that holds down to head the valve cover. I snapped it in the cylinder head. what methods and tools would you recommend to remove it from head?
    Missed this post do you have the head off and how much of the bolt is sticking up above the block. If you using heat are you using a propane torch or oxy acetylene usually the bolt needs to get glowing red to break the corrosion. If you have enough bolt sticking out. you could cover the top of the motor and weld a nut to the bolt. Usually the heat build up from the welding will loosen the stuck bolt if you twist it immediately after welding.

Dave

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Missed this post do you have the head off and how much of the bolt is sticking up above the block. If you using heat are you using a propane torch or oxy acetylene usually the bolt needs to get glowing red to break the corrosion. If you have enough bolt sticking out. you could cover the top of the motor and weld a nut to the bolt. Usually the heat build up from the welding will loosen the stuck bolt if you twist it immediately after welding.
    I never thought about this....good idea
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by MotorSeven View Post

I never thought about this....good idea
    Thanks I learned about this trick from one of my technician buddies. Ive used it numerous times on chassis bolts. Unfortunately it only works if you have material sticking above the surface or on industrial equipment with large fasteners

Dave

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

Thanks I learned about this trick from one of my technician buddies. Ive used it numerous times on chassis bolts. Unfortunately it only works if you have material sticking above the surface or on industrial equipment with large fasteners
    I watch American Restorations on TV and then seem to use a torch often to get stubborn bolts loose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123