Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke

/ Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke #21  
What everyone has posted. Above all patience. I have spent 2 weeks with heat and penetrating oil on suborn bolts before. Last resort is left handed drill bits and easy outs. Critical to punch as near center as possible.

/ Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke #22  
What everyone has posted. Above all patience. I have spent 2 weeks with heat and penetrating oil on suborn bolts before. Last resort is left handed drill bits and easy outs. Critical to punch as near center as possible.

Sounds like you need a bigger/better impact wrench like an ingersol titanium I'd find it hard to believe they are to rusty to come off especially if stored inside. What bolts are giving you trouble?

/ Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke #23  
Sounds like you need a bigger/better impact wrench like an ingersol titanium I'd find it hard to believe they are to rusty to come off especially if stored inside. What bolts are giving you trouble?

Answer: Page 2, post 17. Bolt that holds valve cover on broke off at head. Bigger/better impact won't do anything to fix this problem.
Bolts snap for a variety of reasons, not just rust. Could have been overtorqued from the factory. Tractors travel by cargo containers from S. Korea- salt could also be a factor.

/ Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke #24  
From what I have read bolt head is already twisted off.

/ Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke #25  
new drama is snapping bolt with sleeve that holds down to head the valve cover. I snapped it in the cylinder head. what methods and tools would you recommend to remove it from head?

Missed this post do you have the head off and how much of the bolt is sticking up above the block. If you using heat are you using a propane torch or oxy acetylene usually the bolt needs to get glowing red to break the corrosion. If you have enough bolt sticking out. you could cover the top of the motor and weld a nut to the bolt. Usually the heat build up from the welding will loosen the stuck bolt if you twist it immediately after welding.

/ Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke #26  
Missed this post do you have the head off and how much of the bolt is sticking up above the block. If you using heat are you using a propane torch or oxy acetylene usually the bolt needs to get glowing red to break the corrosion. If you have enough bolt sticking out. you could cover the top of the motor and weld a nut to the bolt. Usually the heat build up from the welding will loosen the stuck bolt if you twist it immediately after welding.

I never thought about this....good idea:thumbsup:

/ Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke #27  
I never thought about this....good idea:thumbsup:

Thanks I learned about this trick from one of my technician buddies. Ive used it numerous times on chassis bolts. Unfortunately it only works if you have material sticking above the surface or on industrial equipment with large fasteners

/ Ck 25 starts hard and blows white smoke #28  
Thanks I learned about this trick from one of my technician buddies. Ive used it numerous times on chassis bolts. Unfortunately it only works if you have material sticking above the surface or on industrial equipment with large fasteners

I watch American Restorations on TV and then seem to use a torch often to get stubborn bolts loose.