Tractor Comparisons

/ Tractor Comparisons #1  

scootch

Can anyone help in comparing the CK20HST to other brands, specifically the Kubota BX1800/2200 and NH TC18/21? I need pricing comparisons as well as functional comparisons. I have a price of $10,200 for the BX2200 with a 60" MMM and want to compare that to other brands/models before buying.
The BX 2200 is a good deal and is what I need tractor wise, but I don't want to miss anything on this kind of investment.
Thanks for your help!!

/ Tractor Comparisons #2  
I understand the CK20 is a great little tractor. I wanted one but did not want to wait. I got a BX22 TLB and love it. Plenty of power and handy as pockets on a shirt. I think they are in short supply also. I don't know of any other tractors that compare in the sub-compact size. If you have any plans for a backhoe get the BX22 rather than the BX2200. You cannot convert the 2200 to handle a backhoe. My 2 cents... Gary

/ Tractor Comparisons #3  
As Gary stated the BX 18/22 is considered a subcompact. The Kioti CK20 and the New Holland TC21 are a frame size up from the BX 18/22. I would consider the CK20 and the TC21 as head on competitors. I consider all to be very respectable tractors.

So now it depends what your plans for using the tractor are. The loaders and 3 points on the compacts have beefier specs than the BX line. If your main purpose is mowing grass the BX is a great machine. If your more geared toward loader and three point attachments then I would look seriously at the CK20 and the TC21. I would recommend you sit in the seat and get familiar with all the tractors.

When comparing the CK20 and the TC21 it will boil down to personal preference. Both have the curved arm loader. TC21 has a slightly better lifting capacity on the 3 point while the CK20 weighs more overall. The CK20 has a more open operator platform for mounting and dismounting while the TC21 has a better designed seat. The front axle on the CK20 looks to be about one third larger than the axle on the TC21.

After re-reading your initial post I noticed you did not mention anything about a Front End Loader?

Don
Shoppintractors

/ Tractor Comparisons #4  
Nothing compares to a CK20, Its a perfectly sized tractor that hit its own nich.
Danny /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor Comparisons #5  
I compared the CK20 to the B7500, and also considered the TC21. The weight of the tractor, physical size, and price kept me coming back to the CK20. Mine was just delivered on Saturday.

/ Tractor Comparisons #6  
to dmccue:

just curious...did you get the gear CK that you had inquired about? if so, why did you prefer gear over HST?...

/ Tractor Comparisons #7  
Scootch,

I don't have much tractor time with my CK20 yet, but so far I love it. (My wife thinks maybe a little too much /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) I tested the BX2200 out and was sold until I saw a CK20. I'm not sure it is fair to compare the two since the CK20 is clearly larger. With larger comes bigger turn radius and more lawn damage (Haven't seen it yet, but I'm expecting it.) The CK20 is SOLID. With MMM and FEL it weighs about 3000 lbs. Overall I'm very happy with my choice. I think the BX series is great, I just wanted a little bigger. The CK20 fit perfect for me. Good luck. Tractors are great! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif