Where is the beat place to sell

/ Where is the beat place to sell #1  

landedakioti

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota L4060 hst
Where is the best place to sell my car and tractor. Need to sell don't want to but when your child is sick you get rid of everything.

/ Where is the beat place to sell #2  
Very sorry to hear about your sick child. I can't imagine a worse feeling. Prayers or a speeding recovery!

For selling a car, I would use your local ad bulletin, auto trader, cars.com, Craigslist, eBay. For your tractor, ad bulletin, tractorhouse.com, Craigslist, eBay.

I have had the most luck with my local ad bulletin and Craigslist, but have used the others as well. Some are free, some cost. I always start with the freebies, and only pay when I have no luck from them.

/ Where is the beat place to sell #3  
Sorry to hear about your child.

Craigs list and Uncle Henrys have worked well for me. I found my present tractor at tractorhouse.com. I'll ask around up here about your tractor and PM you if I find anyone interested.

/ Where is the beat place to sell #4  
So sorry as well....hope everything works out for your family. As for selling......I agree...Craigslist gets you lots of exposure. Local paper might also get you some interest. Good luck!

/ Where is the beat place to sell #5  
I wish the VERY BEST for YOU and your FAMILY. This comes from the Very Bottom of My Heart and Soul. I agree with the other TBN members suggesting the venues regarding selling your items. Best wishes.

/ Where is the beat place to sell #6  
So very, very sorry to hear of your sick child. Prayers are on the way.

Be very careful of buyers especially on Craigslist believe me there are many scam artist on there ready to take advantage of someone, especially when someone is in dire need. Tractorhouse will allow you to sell one item and one item only for free on their classifieds.

/ Where is the beat place to sell #7  
Craigslist seems to be one of the first places buyers go, I go almost exclusively. Do a google search on say "kioti tractor for sale" or "kioti tractor sale" or similar, see which sites come up first. That is one of the ways your customers will be searching. Don't forget a sign out front or flyers left out and pinned up locally. This may be a stretch and I don't know the laws but how about a sale of lottery tickets to win the tractor, can't think of a better reason for such a fund raiser. This would be a way for people to donate to you to help financially and they have the chance to win a tractor. Say tractor is worth around $15K, you sell 750 tickets at $20per and you hit 15K. Just and idea. I for one will gladly purchase a ticket.
Wishing you and your family strength and good health in short order.
Joel

/ Where is the beat place to sell #8  
I have found the best way to sell on Craigslist is to REQUIRE an onsite inspection of the vehicle by the person wanting to buy it. I post in my ad "Please dont email me saying you want to send me a check for the vehicle site unseen. i will not respond to any such ad. If you want to purchase this vehicle you will have to come see it in person with CASH in hand. I will not accept any money orders or bank drafts or checks of any kind"

I now no longer get many of the fraudulent emal scammers bothering me. I have sold quite a few items this way, and never have had any issues.

When i first tried top sell my 1996 JD870 i ran a basic simple ad. I was inundated with crap in my email. all were offering to send me a check unseen and then would arrange shipment the next day. their plan was to steal the tractor after giving me a bad check. or they want to send me more $$ than i wanted, and i was to forward the difference to a 3rd party. I guess some idiots fall for this.

After changing the ad, i got only positive response, and sold the tractor fairly quickly for exactly what i wanted.

/ Where is the beat place to sell #9  
My adds that I put on Craigs list I state that I do not respond to emails and I don't.

/ Where is the beat place to sell #10  
Even with tractor house posting you can bet someone will try something funny. I was selling my kubota few months ago on tractor house.... Someone managed to replicate pictures, text and all other details to other listing sites.... Even including a fake phone number to call. I found at least two scam postings if my own tractor on line. I did call the guy pretending to be interested in my OWN tractor.... He had a very convincing story, but when he realized I was asking too many questions, he dropped the ad and never called me back. My advice: Local paper tends to work best. Craigslist works too, but be very careful.