Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST

Default Anybody with a CK27HST

I have on the right hand side of my seat a small lever that moves fore and aft. It has the letters 'A' (in the forward position) 'N' (in the mid position) and 'D' (in the rear position). This lever is right beside the lever for the 3pt hitch. The question is, what does this thing do?

Tractor
    2010 KUBOTA B2320, 2010 KIOTI CK27

Either draft control or auxiliary hydraulics. Picture would help.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Do you have a backhoe?

Tractor
    05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe

Default Re: Anybody with a CK27HST

Quote Originally Posted by Looking4new View Post
    This lever is right beside the lever for the 3pt hitch.
    Here is a photo of my right-side control lever area. The orange handle is 3pt position control, the
    yellow handle in an OEM single detented remote (option), the empty slot is for the 2nd OEM
    remote (option), and finally the black handle is in the draft control slot. That black handle
    is my engine speed control, however. That's custom.

The service manual refers to the draft control option, but I have not heard of any CKs being
    sold in N America with that option.

Did your tractor somehow get the DC option?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody with a CK27HST-spd_cntl5.jpg  
    See my TBN projects at:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/resyfcgt/

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

no draft control on a CK. It's for a rear hydraulic remote, or a backhoe (or sorta both). Positions change flow of hydraulics. Should return to neutral when released. May lock in one or both positions. Be careful with it engaged in and left in either position. Deadheading the hydraulics will destroy your hydraulic pump. If you don't use the rear remote, put a loop back hose between the ports to prevent deadheading.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST Cab, Mechron 2200

If you look just below the toolbox on the right hand side above the 3 point hitch, there should be 2 hydraulic connectors. (rear remotes)

The switch (the yellow one in your pic) controls the pressure and return to these connections. Used, as others have mentioned, to provide hydraulics to a rear implement, such as backhoe, woodsplitter or even turn a shute on a snowblower. when in "A" position, fliud flows one way, when in "B" flows the other way. Should keep it in "N" when not using it. (currently in "B" in your pic)
    Rick

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

I have a backhoe with my CK35. I use this lever and go from A to N, depending on if my backhoe is on. One runs the backhoe and the other the 3pt hitch (only one at a time). So every time I put on or take off the backhoe I switch from A to N. As mentioned make sure you do not deadhead your hydraulics.
    The lever on my CK35 may be different from yours so check in your manual to make sure where this lever should be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody with a CK27HST-kiotilever-001.jpg  

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST

Quote Originally Posted by Gittyup View Post
    no draft control on a CK. It's for a rear hydraulic remote, or a backhoe (or sorta both). Positions change flow of hydraulics. Should return to neutral when released. May lock in one or both positions. Be careful with it engaged in and left in either position. Deadheading the hydraulics will destroy your hydraulic pump. If you don't use the rear remote, put a loop back hose between the ports to prevent deadheading.
    I already have a 'loop back hose' on the rear remotes. That was part of the deal.

I will try to get pics tomorrow and post them.

Notlaker....Do you have a backhoe?
    No I don't have a backhoe.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST

Quote Originally Posted by Gittyup View Post
    I already have a 'loop back hose' on the rear remotes. That was part of the deal.

I am pretty quite sure I don't have draft control. I'll post pics in the A.M.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Looking4new View Post

I am pretty quite sure I don't have draft control. I'll post pics in the A.M.
    I'm not sure if you're still looking for the answer, from this post is seems like you are. The previous posters are 100% correct. There is no draft control on a CK series tractor. The A-N-B is for the single set of remotes that you paid extra for, if you knew it or not. The CK doesn't come with remotes, it's dealer installed. Kioti offers a kit for the second set as well, when it is installed, you have a second lever labelled C-N-D. My second set also had a float position, but they both have a detent position, but you don't need to worry about that if you have a loop installed.

Yes they are used for a backhoe but no, that's not all they're used for. I no longer have a backhoe, but have two sets of remotes that I used to control the rotation and the deflection on my snowblower. Lots of attachments require remotes as well as other features like top and tilt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast