Winches DK45S to a DK45SE

/ DK45S to a DK45SE #1  

CrazyQ

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE
Well, I haven't been on here for quite some time...my Kioti DK45S was a casualty of divorce a couple years ago so I had no real need to check out the topics and ask questions. Now, because I had used my 45S with an old Farmi to manage my wood lot it provided me with a mechanism to heat my home. Wood heat is important to me as that's all I heat with and it gets quite chilly here at times. Needless to say selling my 45S and all the attachments (so be it few there was still some investment there) left a big hole in my ability to balance time and money - not to mention the buyer got the deal of a life time. Since such time the wench took my winch, I have used a few different methods to harvest my wood lot:

1. Four Wheeler and Logging Arch: This works pretty good for trees that are easy to get to (meaning minimal winching required). I found that the steepest parts of my wood lot were unforgiving and gravity is a friend - most of the time. The wheeler/arch combo works pretty good but it is slow and daunting.
2. Bull Dozer: Yup, I bought an old 78 John Deere. Whatever I hooked to it she would pull. Still not having a winch limited where I could cut on my wood lot. The worst part of this was dragging the logs ended being more like furrowing....later in the summer when I was bucking and splitting the logs I told my self that I would never haul logs out in the Spring again unless the ground was still snow covered and frozen....I told myself this every time I sharpened my saw - which was at least every time I put fuel in the tank - $#%@#$% miserable!
3. UTV and Logging Arch: This worked about the same as the wheeler/arch combo except two things. First because of the extra weight of the machine and much larger engine she would pull much better. Secondly, I could still only pull out half of one tree at once so the end result is the same as the wheeler and arch - SLOW.

So anyway, the point to this is after a couple years of wheeling and dealing and trying different ways to manage my wood lot I traded in my UTV toward another Kioti. I really wanted the same DK45S but they don't make it anymore- only God knows why. So, as of yesterday I am once again the proud owner of a Kitoti - this time a DK45SE. I'm missing a few of the things I liked about my other tractor but I must say I am quickly becoming attached to the new one.

Now that the old bag of hammers ex wife is gone I'll see to it that I hang on to this Tractor for a long time - and no, one of the attachments fallen to divorce was not a wood chipper, although the thought has crossed my mind on several occasions.

/ DK45S to a DK45SE #2  
I to won a DK45S, I looks like the SE version is built lighter, with narrower rear tires, and the specs should it at less weight. You can probably explain the differences, since you have now owned both.

/ DK45S to a DK45SE
RandyT,

The SE is substantially smaller in appearance. Both and front tires are smaller. Smaller differential. The underside looks to be quite different too. My S model had something that resembled a skid plate which is great in the woods. As far as power goes, I think the SE is pretty similar, just a Kioti in smaller clothes. Lift capacity and HP are the same or very similar. The loader does not have a self leveling bucket anymore. The SE is more refined and shifts much better. I'll check back later to report on how she does in the woods...I'm curious on the ground pressure- similar weight but narrower tires.

/ DK45S to a DK45SE
Heck, I think I can get a picture of the SE in just about the same spot as the S shown in my profile picture.

/ DK45S to a DK45SE #5  
Hey, I bought me one of those ex wife things too. It seemed pretty expensive at the time, but I came to realize it was worth it at any cost to add the "ex" to wife.