Leak in the middle

/ Leak in the middle #1  

GMtb42

Gold Member
Tractor
SOLD Kioti CK20 HST Purchased CK3510SE HST
I noticed the other day a drop of oil on the ground under the tractor, got to looking and saw a couple of more beads of oil coming from a inspection hole in the mid section (section between the motor and rear-end) of the tractor, anyone have a manual and can tell me what it might be leaking in there, can't get a good line of sight to inspect the area. Would be much obliged for the info. 2004 CK20HST

Thanks in advance.

/ Leak in the middle
Looks and smells like Hydro fluid not motor oil.

/ Leak in the middle #4  
Check the test ports on the top and the side of the HST. I believe there are 5 or 6 ports for testing pressures. The ports have a Allen head on them and if they back out the o ring will blow out causing a leak that looks like the main seal on the hst. Hope this helps as it is an easy fix.

/ Leak in the middle
Check the test ports on the top and the side of the HST. I believe there are 5 or 6 ports for testing pressures. The ports have a Allen head on them and if they back out the o ring will blow out causing a leak that looks like the main seal on the hst. Hope this helps as it is an easy fix.
Will try and find tomorrow.

Last edited:
   / Leak in the middle

I think I found what you are describing, there are 5 plugs, 3 on top in a row and one on either side, they are tight, so main seal? If so what does that entail?

/ Leak in the middle #7  
I had this problem on my CK30 and I've read a bunch of people with similar issues. Do a search, I know I've read a couple other threads either in the Kioti forum or the Bobcat forum, maybe somebody answered it. I'm not sure what the cause was on mine, I traded my tractor before my dealer fixed it, but it started with less than 100 hrs.

/ Leak in the middle
I think I found what you are describing, there are 5 plugs, 3 on top in a row and one on either side, they are tight, so main seal? If so what does that entail?
Got to looking further and saw 2 more plugs under the tractor, those were tight too. Darn!

/ Leak in the middle
I had this problem on my CK30 and I've read a bunch of people with similar issues. Do a search, I know I've read a couple other threads either in the Kioti forum or the Bobcat forum, maybe somebody answered it. I'm not sure what the cause was on mine, I traded my tractor before my dealer fixed it, but it started with less than 100 hrs.
Okay thanks.

/ Leak in the middle
I found this thread after a long search : http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/244056-small-hydro-leak-issue.html is this the one you are referring to?
Says o-ring leaking -- tractor split to replace.