Mighty Little Bulldozer

/ Mighty Little Bulldozer #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
I have some hunting land that needs to be screened off from surrounding hayfield, barn etc. Here is a picture looking from the barn toward the hunting area.

I decided to build a mound, plant some grass on it, and add some downed tree limbs. For the mound I used my tiller to loosen the soil, and then pushed it into a windrow with my mighty little CK30 bulldozer. I have a crick in my neck from looking backwards all day long.

I made a couple of passes at it, and have a mound in the making. Will take some motrin and give it another pass.
IMG_1037_zpsfe2d3a45.jpg

/ Mighty Little Bulldozer #6  
Need eyes in the back of your head.:laughing:

/ Mighty Little Bulldozer
Need eyes in the back of your head.:laughing:

That would be nice for this job. There were many times that I would not look backwards, but would just judge the strain on the tractor and the spinning tires to know when I needed to raise the box blade.

/ Mighty Little Bulldozer #8  
I've read about folks bending their 3 point linkage from too much pushing or hitting stumps and rocks. You, evidently don't have such a problem....and / or are a good operator. Nice work.

/ Mighty Little Bulldozer
I've read about folks bending their 3 point linkage from too much pushing or hitting stumps and rocks. You, evidently don't have such a problem....and / or are a good operator. Nice work.

The tractor and the box blade seem to be fairly evenly matched. Going a medium steady speed the tractor seems not strong enough to over push the blade. The tires spin before the bars bend, or at least that is what I am hoping.

Over extension of equipment, and even of myself, has always been a fault of mine. I am trying to improve that for myself, and the equipment I use.

/ Mighty Little Bulldozer #10  
Just imagine how long :eek: :shocked: it would have taken you with a shovel and wheelbarrow.
I was thinking the same thing. Gotta love those tractors! Good job so far, lakingulf! Keep posting.

Joe