desing for a backhoe ripper tooth (KB 2464)

/ desing for a backhoe ripper tooth (KB 2464) #21  
That's great Phil. I am digging the slip-on blade. Here is a pic of the ripper I got from MIE. It also is nice and highly recommended.

Happy ripping!

photo 3.JPG

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    740.3 KB · Views: 279
   / desing for a backhoe ripper tooth (KB 2464) #22  
View attachment 320793View attachment 320794View attachment 320795

Finally, I got a picture! I received the tooth some time ago. I could dig out a parking spot (first pic) the tooth was greatly appr馗iated to rip out some of the roots from the maple, and mostly to remove a stump. And other add on I appreciated was the "slip-on" blade on the bucket, to smooth out the job and to spread around the gravel: great! (second pic).
And finally, the pic of the tooth prior it first uses. The curling power of that tooth is pretty amazing, to remove a rock of to cut a bigger root. My regular bucket (16'') is no match!

Phil

Nice tooth! Where abouts are you in Eastern Townships? My wife is from Cowansville!

/ desing for a backhoe ripper tooth (KB 2464) #23  
Phil 48,
I have the second generation of the ripper tooth from MIE, and I've called it the 'claw', not knowing that 4 shorts may have cornered the term prior to my using it for the MIE design, (with the added serrated teeth), for most effective ripping of roots, etc.
What I really like from your toolbag is the slide on bucket teeth cover with flat edge, for scraping clean areas one may have already dug up- just like a real excavator bucket can do!
Where did you get that item, what did it cost, and where can I order one? My hoe is the 2485 and may have another tooth or two- I don't recall at the moment.
Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. You can PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,

CM

/ desing for a backhoe ripper tooth (KB 2464) #24  
Nice tooth!

Isn't that the answer for the old joke, "how do you complement a red neck woman?" Nice tooth!

Sorry i couldn't resist- now I will suffer the slings and arrows of all the red necks on the site.

/ desing for a backhoe ripper tooth (KB 2464)
Nice tooth! Where abouts are you in Eastern Townships? My wife is from Cowansville!

I'm in Sherbrooke, about 45 minutes from Cowansville, and the Kioti lives in Austin (close to Magog).
Phil

/ desing for a backhoe ripper tooth (KB 2464)
Phil 48,
I have the second generation of the ripper tooth from MIE, and I've called it the 'claw', not knowing that 4 shorts may have cornered the term prior to my using it for the MIE design, (with the added serrated teeth), for most effective ripping of roots, etc.
What I really like from your toolbag is the slide on bucket teeth cover with flat edge, for scraping clean areas one may have already dug up- just like a real excavator bucket can do!
Where did you get that item, what did it cost, and where can I order one? My hoe is the 2485 and may have another tooth or two- I don't recall at the moment.
Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. You can PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,

CM

I phoned Payeur's distribution yesterday in Ascot Corner, When I bought the backhoe, it was included in the price.

The blade will set you back roughly 250$ and they can ship it to Vermont. Cost for delivery would be around 75$. Of course, you're welcome to make the trip; you might be tempted tough for other stuff, beware! I love New England, and I often travel in south Vermont, if I was planning a trip soon I would have been happy to deliver in person. However, I'm kind of stuck behind the desk, for the moment?!

Hope this help. They told me if you're interested to send a picture of the bucket, and if you have a part number it would help to be absolutely sure that they are building the right one for you! The man I talked with is Claude Chagnon ( claude@payeur.com ).

If you need anything don't hesitate!

best Regards
Phil

/ desing for a backhoe ripper tooth (KB 2464) #28  
Hey Phil,

Thanks for the details! I have the 18" bucket for the KB-2485 hoe.
Can you post some more pics of your attachment, from different angles for me and the TBN crew to look at?
May have to give you a reason to leave your desk behind!
Vermont is some of the best of New England's offerings. :)