Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Default Re: rodent chewed hole in fuel tank DK45HST.....death to all rodents

Well the good news is//// NO LEAKS.

i filled the tank and ran it for about 30 minutes. all is tight.

Took the time to wax the tractor and clean/armor all interior and clean all glass.

It looks brand new
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

WaaaaaT? you waxed your tractor???...no wonder the vermin are attracted to it!
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1635 cab

I feel your pain, a few years ago I had a Jeep Liberty which was parked in front of my garage for a few days. When I went to use it, the alternator idiot light was on! I pulled back into the driveway and opened the hood to see if there was a loose wire etc. Finding no problems with the alternator I noticed that the insulation on the underside of the hood was torn and chewed back by the passenger side firewall. After further examination, I found chewed wires and more insulation.

Talking to some friends at work, they speculated that is was a possum.

After soldering all of the wires back together, everything worked. But the next night I came out of the garage to see a young woodchuck jump down from under the Jeep and run for a hole behind the house. I ran into the house to grab my rifle, but decided that, my deer rifle was a little too much for around the house. It was time to buy a new 22. When I told the story to the guy at the gun shop I thought he was going to pee himself laughing. It took a couple of evenings sitting in a lawn chair waiting, but there was to be no more chewed wires.

Tractor
    SOLD L2800DT-F, purchased Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by droptop View Post
    I feel your pain, a few years ago I had a Jeep Liberty which was parked in front of my garage for a few days. When I went to use it, the alternator idiot light was on! I pulled back into the driveway and opened the hood to see if there was a loose wire etc. Finding no problems with the alternator I noticed that the insulation on the underside of the hood was torn and chewed back by the passenger side firewall. After further examination, I found chewed wires and more insulation.

Talking to some friends at work, they speculated that is was a possum.

After soldering all of the wires back together, everything worked. But the next night I came out of the garage to see a young woodchuck jump down from under the Jeep and run for a hole behind the house. I ran into the house to grab my rifle, but decided that, my deer rifle was a little too much for around the house. It was time to buy a new 22. When I told the story to the guy at the gun shop I thought he was going to pee himself laughing. It took a couple of evenings sitting in a lawn chair waiting, but there was to be no more chewed wires.
    So it is now -- "How much Jeep could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck Jeeps?" LOL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345