Flat Tire

/ Flat Tire #1  

Lloyd_E

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kioti DK 45 sc
Woke up to a flat tire this morning - front.
Haven't used the tractor for about a week.
I got it reseated and filled and tried a water test for air bubbles - couldn't see anything.
Is there another way to check?

Lloyd

/ Flat Tire #2  
Dish soap solution in a spray bottle. Or use your kid's bubble liquid, seems even better than dish soap.

/ Flat Tire #3  
Check the valve. I have done a lot of unnecessary work on tires that was just the valve leaking.

/ Flat Tire #4  
Check the valve. I have done a lot of unnecessary work on tires that was just the valve leaking.

Yes I think that will be it.

/ Flat Tire #5  
+1 on valve. Make sure the core is tight and not leaking.

/ Flat Tire #6  
The over night test works pretty good. I just did one on my Chevy, ended up putting in a tube.

/ Flat Tire
Thanks guys. I will try your suggestions in the AM. When I tried to seat the tire on the rim... after a couple of attempts, I took the valve out of the steam to allow more air in. I kinda thought it was very easy to unthread. I put it back in - tight. Also, to seat the tire I used the ratchet strap technique, which I believe I read on TBN: run a strap around the center of the tire tread(any tire application) ratchet the strap tight. The force will put pressure on the bead, sidewall and make contact with the rim. It works every time. The challenge is to get it seated but allow for the ratchet to be undone.

Thanks.

Lloyd

/ Flat Tire #8  
Thanks guys. I will try your suggestions in the AM. When I tried to seat the tire on the rim... after a couple of attempts, I took the valve out of the steam to allow more air in. I kinda thought it was very easy to unthread. I put it back in - tight. Also, to seat the tire I used the ratchet strap technique, which I believe I read on TBN: run a strap around the center of the tire tread(any tire application) ratchet the strap tight. The force will put pressure on the bead, sidewall and make contact with the rim. It works every time. The challenge is to get it seated but allow for the ratchet to be undone.

Thanks.

Lloyd

Seat the beads then let the air back out to undo the strap. I always use my 2" wide load straps for this, they release better under load. CJ