NEED HELP DK35SE 4WD 455 hours

/ NEED HELP DK35SE 4WD 455 hours #1  

lildobr

Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
Hello Everyone, My 4wd quit working on me today so i came here for help. I have the light on the dash going on and off with the switch, but no engagement. I have swapped the magnetic coils around on the valve on the right side of the transmission and that only made my pto to work abnormal. I removed them and did an ohm check and they seemed the same.So next I removed the post or whatever they are called that the magnet secures to. Inside was the part with the little pin that some people said on the forum that part gets bent sometimes. It wasn't bent on either end so i put everything back together like it was. Still no luck. Can anyone else think what I should do next besides going to dealer? I don't want to do that. If I take the valve off and take it completely apart and clean and inspect it will it do any good you think? With the loader down and the front wheels off the ground they turn by hand fine with no binding. Anyone have a picture out of the service manual for the internal actuator that may of be of help. Thanks, lildobr

/ NEED HELP DK35SE 4WD 455 hours #2  
Check to make sure the electrical connectors under the operator station left side are not disconnected. That has happened to me a couple of times while working in brush. Easy to check and fix.

/ NEED HELP DK35SE 4WD 455 hours
I.T. They are connected. I had one little pin on the 4wd side of the spool sticking, I have it freed up now and have 4wd working but it wont shift out and the pto is on all the time. I am thinking I may have to buy a whole new valve for the 4wd and pto. That is better than a major mechanical breakdown tho. Thanks for the welcome

/ NEED HELP DK35SE 4WD 455 hours #5  
Hope you resolve the problem. It is not very common and I don't recall hearing about that before.

Update: I have the p.t.o. working again but still no 4wd. I am now thinking problem maybe inside. The modulate valve seems to be working correctly. When i tried to engage the 4wd with air pressure from the side of the tractor with the modulate valve removed and an assistant rotating both front wheels, I did not get an engagement. I can hear the gear moving inside when applying air on/off. Anyone have any experience with this? Is there another way of diagnosing modulate valve verses internal working? Thanks, Lildobr

Update:I have my tractor working correctly. The problem was the modulate valve, the snap ring had come loose on the 4wd drive solinoid . I have repaired the modulate valve .

/ NEED HELP DK35SE 4WD 455 hours #8  
Update:I have my tractor working correctly. The problem was the modulate valve, the snap ring had come loose on the 4wd drive solinoid . I have repaired the modulate valve .

Great. Were you able to do it or did it require a trip to the dealer? How was it diagnosed?

It was diagnosed by turning the modulate valve upside down and shaking it and the little parts fell out of it . Luckily they weren't chewed up.

/ NEED HELP DK35SE 4WD 455 hours #10  
It was diagnosed by turning the modulate valve upside down and shaking it and the little parts fell out of it . Luckily they weren't chewed up.

It's always satisfying to solve a difficult problem yourself for zero bucks! Congratulations.