Top Link 'Bracket' Loose Studs

/ Top Link 'Bracket' Loose Studs #1  

wingbone

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE
I noticed the other day I had a couple of loose bolts on the bracket that connects the top link to the tractor(DK45SE). It is the one that has three holes as an option to connect to. The problem is, there are two studs on the lower side that are loose. They are not standard bolts, they are like studs that have slots in them to accept a large screwdriver and then nuts that look like they are used to tighten them up. Is there a specific way to tighten these, as in do they need to be set at a certain depth. I guess you'd have to hold the stud with a screwdriver and then tighten the nut against bracket? I don't even know what they are for and didn't have much time to mess with them the other day after I noticed. I'd just like to have some suggestions before I get back over to my land where the tractor is kept. Thanks.

/ Top Link 'Bracket' Loose Studs #2  
I've never checked that area. Will do so this weekend if you don't get a response before.

/ Top Link 'Bracket' Loose Studs
If you still have your regular small owner's manual, look at section 6-3 where it displays the three choices you have for holes to put top link in. Just below the bottom hole, you can see the studs I'm talking about with the slotted head. The real concern and why I noticed is because I had two different small drips on the frame of the tractor beneath this bracket.

/ Top Link 'Bracket' Loose Studs #4  
If you still have your regular small owner's manual, look at section 6-3 where it displays the three choices you have for holes to put top link in. Just below the bottom hole, you can see the studs I'm talking about with the slotted head. The real concern and why I noticed is because I had two different small drips on the frame of the tractor beneath this bracket.

I see the diagram in the manual. I've never checked those bolts myself but certainly haven't noticed any issue either. You see 'drips' on the frame beneath the bracket, is it hydraulic fluid? I don't see where those bolts would contact any hydraulic fluid but as the rear remotes are right next to them perhaps that is the source of your drips. If I saw drips there on my tractor I would also think the hydraulic topping lift could be a source.

I will have to take a better look when I get back to the land as I was about to leave the other day when I noticed. The part I'm concerned about is how to tighten them. They seemed to be turning freely by hand the other day and not really threaded into anything.

/ Top Link 'Bracket' Loose Studs #6  
Do these have something to do with the draft control?? :confused3:

Just got back from looking at them. The top link bracket looks to attach directly to the tractor at the top, but at the bottom, there seems to be two cylinder looking things between the bracket and frame. These two studs are definitely loose and not threaded into anything. I could not loosen or tighten the nut on these studs, probably due to paint. This is definitely where the drips came from but looks like it only dripped a very small amount at each point where the 'cylinders' mate with the frame. Probably about one drip per side. Not sure if this has anything to do with the draft control.

Any idea if they are even supposed to be tight or how to adjust them?