Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA

Default Re: Drilling a hole or 2 in the loader: a good idea or not?

I drilled my bucket shortly after I bought the tractor and FEL used. I bolt 4 x 4's to it all the time for light loads. I've used them to help remove the cap on my truck. I've used them to lift small hay bales 6 or 8 at a time into the hay loft of our small barn. I used them to help haul brush to the burn pile. BTW, the main reason I chose that option is because I'm cheap
    L3710 HST/LA681FEL/6ftRM/6ft Woods aerator/6ft Woods Box Scraper/roller/speader/posthole digger

Tractor
    kioti DS4510HST

Quote Originally Posted by NoTrespassing View Post
    BTW, the main reason I chose that option is because I'm cheap
    Me, too.

Tractor
    kioti DS4510HST

Well I did it. I visited local welding & steel shop and bought 2 5ft pieces 4" C channel. This will provide a little over 45" of fork length beyond the end the bucket. I drilled 2holes in the bottom of bucket that lined up with factory holes in the front. I got them bolted on and ventured into the backyard. I can't see the front of the forks so getting them lines up is a challenge. I'll post more info as I get some more time to work with them.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

I drilled two holes on the Bucket when I bolted on my W.R.Long Tooth Bar. I also drilled holes when I bolted on three sets of Hooks on the top of the Bucket. When I installed the Hooks, I reinforced the top of the Bucket with a piece of 1/4 inch angle iron. I painted all the hooks and angle iron.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    kioti DS4510HST

Painting is going to have to be the next step when I get some time and calm day.

I was also thinking that I could re-visit the welding shop, obtain 2 more pieces of C channel, but buy shorter pieces this time. If they only extended out about 10 inches, I could bolt a 2x12 across the front and provide a man-lift for some painting work and gutter clean out.

One of the replies to this post warned of bending / breaking things. I think I could add some reinforcement like you did and maybe wrap the bucket in a chain with a 'boomer' -- a rachet to apply some tension in the middle. This might keep a load from bending the front lip.

Tractor
    kioti DS4510HST

I went back to the shop, bought 2 more pieces of C channel, 38" long. 16inches are underneath the bucket, 22 inches will stick out front. This will provide a place to bolt down 2 2x12" 'walk boards' which might come in handy as a platform. Now I just need a volunteer to try it out (and some nice weather -- been raining all day).

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Drilled factory holes in bucket are meant for a bolt on double sided steel edge that is reversible, so it wears instead of the factory bucket edge. I have one on my DK-40, from my Kioti dealer.

KK, the link shows, top of page, 'supplies to N.A.' That covers us US guys.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123