Loader Loader Failure

/ Loader Failure
I agree with your first statement, but it's not going to happen. They will repair it and that is what is required under the warranty. I also think it should be good as new if it is done properly.

Paying for transportation sucks, but it is what it is. You buy something from a store, they will happily have it fixed under warranty (and often exchange it), but they won't come to your house to pick it up, you need to bring it back to the store. Same for a tractor. The dealer has costs that he needs to cover, he's got a business to run and a family to feed. I don't think he needs to try and make big money off this type of situation, he should just be looking to cover his costs. I'd encourage the OP to inquire about the dealer doing it for less $ or looking for another way to get it back there, as was suggested by Mousefield.

Just to be clear, Kioti is replacing the entire armature structure. They are only transferring the hydraulic pistons and possibly the hoses over. Oh and of course there is no need for a new bucket. I did ask the dealer to try to coordinate the return trip with another stop they might have to make to cut the cost and they agreed to do that. I think I'm going to try to call Kioti myself though.

Thanks guys.

/ Loader Failure #12  
How did the cylinders hold up? Might want to make sure you have no warping or weeping depending on where the bucket was during the failure.

/ Loader Failure #13  
Everything goes back to the written warranty plus applicable law... anything additional is considered a goodwill accommodation.

There is a least one other thread on TBN about loader issues with Kioti going back a few years.

Some items still cover transportation... I know several car manufacturers that cover it in some cases and my brother had a new high end refrigerator that was replaced at no cost to him which included several service calls and ultimately a new replacement unit...

/ Loader Failure #14  
Seeing that this was such a catastrophic failure that it dented the hood in the process, it had to be scary when it happened, Kioti, not the dealer, should setup and take the burden of cost for all necessary repairs, transportation included.

/ Loader Failure #15  
I think charging for pick up and delivery is reasonable. Dealer shouldn't have to take it in the shorts any more than the owner. I just don't understand why it can't be done on site. First I've seen of a loader failure on the DKs.

/ Loader Failure #16  
Wow thats scary and should never happen. someone could have been seriously hurt or killed, glad it was jut a bucket of maneur VS a piece of equipment or something delicate. What dented the hood? Was it the arm or something falling from a raised bucket? Was there any warning?

/ Loader Failure #17  
No penetration on those welds...factory screw up for sure. Man, I have picked up many many 2K+ loads and am glad that never happened...wow.

/ Loader Failure #18  
I think charging for pick up and delivery is reasonable. Dealer shouldn't have to take it in the shorts any more than the owner. I just don't understand why it can't be done on site. First I've seen of a loader failure on the DKs.

Distance is just as far from A to B as it is from B to A. And the dealership has forklifts, gantry, etc to assist swapping heavy components as well as 2nd person available for a few minutes here & there rather than 2 guys for the whole adventure. Not a practical on-site repair, plain & simple.

The efficiencies & advantages of on-site repair are generally tied to the success of completing the repair in one single round trip. If that can't be done, or the odds are against it, the repair most likely can be done more quickly & efficiently with the parts, tool, & supply resources of the dealership immediately at hand.

Last edited:
   / Loader Failure #19  
Distance is just as far from A to B as it is from B to A. And the dealership has forklifts, gantry, etc to assist swapping heavy components as well as 2nd person available for a few minutes here & there rather than 2 guys for the whole adventure. Not a practical on-site repair, plain & simple.

Not quite the same distance.

If one drives from dealer to customer. Picks up tractor, drives back to the dealer. Repairs tractor, drives back to customer, drops off tractor, returns to dealership.

One ends up doing the trip twice.

On the other hand, if one does a remote repair, then it is simply driving to the customer's house, conducting the repair, and returning to the dealership.

Empty loads are always uneconomical, so optimally, one could drop off one tractor and pick up another, minimizing empty time.

/ Loader Failure #20  
Not quite the same distance.

If one drives from dealer to customer. Picks up tractor, drives back to the dealer. Repairs tractor, drives back to customer, drops off tractor, returns to dealership.

One ends up doing the trip twice.

On the other hand, if one does a remote repair, then it is simply driving to the customer's house, conducting the repair, and returning to the dealership.

Empty loads are always uneconomical, so optimally, one could drop off one tractor and pick up another, minimizing empty time.

Go back & read my entire post.