Loader Loader Failure

/ Loader Failure #21  
No penetration on those welds...factory screw up for sure. Man, I have picked up many many 2K+ loads and am glad that never happened...wow.

MotorSeven,I agree as I have picked up 2,000 lbs loads with my loader.WOW is a under statement.coobie

/ Loader Failure #22  
WOW !!!! That's about the worst case !! I'd ask Kioti to ship the parts to you at no cost and send the dealer to install once they arrive ! Kioti should cover the dealers costs to install !!!

/ Loader Failure
Seeing that this was such a catastrophic failure that it dented the hood in the process, it had to be scary when it happened, Kioti, not the dealer, should setup and take the burden of cost for all necessary repairs, transportation included.

I wasn't on the tractor. My wife was driving it. No transportation and the dealer said they couldn't do it at my house. Still like $350 for transportation. Sucks.

/ Loader Failure
One cylinder was bent; they are replacing that.

/ Loader Failure
Distance is just as far from A to B as it is from B to A. And the dealership has forklifts, gantry, etc to assist swapping heavy components as well as 2nd person available for a few minutes here & there rather than 2 guys for the whole adventure. Not a practical on-site repair, plain & simple.

The efficiencies & advantages of on-site repair are generally tied to the success of completing the repair in one single round trip. If that can't be done, or the odds are against it, the repair most likely can be done more quickly & efficiently with the parts, tool, & supply resources of the dealership immediately at hand.

Rick,

If they did it on site, they would only have to charge time for one trip up and back rather than two. And these are really easy fixes. You're talking pins and hydraulic connections; not ripping an engine down.

/ Loader Failure #26  
Hey anyone out there ever have this problem. My Kioti DK40SE is 10 months old and this happened while move a load of manure. Kioti is replacing the armiture structure and the hood, but I have to pay fr transportation to the dealer. Since I live pretty far(about and hour) it's going to cost about $350. I'm kind of pissed about that. Let me know if you've had any dealings like this.View attachment 314629View attachment 314630View attachment 314629View attachment 314630

My dealer is about 40 miles from my house. They don't charge anywhere near that for transportation. I can't imagine them charging you more than $200. How many miles is it to your dealer? They should be charging by the mile imho.

/ Loader Failure #27  
Wow that does suck. Two important things that I am taking away here are 1) that none was injured, and 2) it is being fixed promptly under warranty. Overall that sounds like a good outcome to what might have been a very bad situation. Transportation costs suck, but still cheaper than dropping $3500 for a tractor hauling trailer.

Did you try getting a quote form a local trucking/excavating company? I was able to get a flat $65 an hour hauling rate from a local excavating company last time I rented a backhoe. It worked out well for me. He picked it up on his way home at the end his normal day and loaded up on Sunday to drop off Monday morning on his way to a job site. He only hit me for three hours total for loading and hauling a 16,000# machine round trip. In reality it was probably only about 10 miles out of his way for each load.

I also used a different excavating contractor to haul my 5210 when we moved back in 2006. They just charged by the mile. It was pretty funny seeing my little 50hp green tractor and attachment rolling up to our new house on a triple axle low-boy.

/ Loader Failure #28  
If it is an hour from the dealership.
Two way, Two trips is about 4 hours worth of transportation, not including loading, unloading, and tying down. How many miles? 200 miles for two trips?

At $65 per hour, it still is at least $260.

I suppose under warranty you might expect the dearlership to do some of the work (My tractor is nowhere near being under warranty).

However, you should have the option to disassemble everything and do the trip yourself. I'd probably just disassemble it myself and load it onto my little 4x8 utility trailer. Then once the parts arrive, schedule a trip to town and do the swap of just the parts and pieces.

Or, at least with the quick releases, I would remove the bucket assembly. Take the bucket off.... and take the rest on my little trailer (or the little bit bigger one). That still leaves the hydraulics and lines for the dealer to mess with.

Depending if I needed to do some tilling or something, I might have already removed the bucket so I could use the tractor.

So, the question is. Is a few hours of your time to do half the work worth $350?

/ Loader Failure #29  
The dealer does all the work and it only costs $350 for transport? That would be a fairly easy decision for me to drop the $350, especially based on my history of not getting everything I need on the first trip. In the big picture that is an inexpensive repair.

My biggest concern would be the dealer's timetable for turning the job around. Last time I sent a tractor to a dealer for service it sat for three days before they touched it, even though we waited for the parts to arrive before taking the tractor in. Wasn't a big deal, but if I had questioned their timeline a little more thoroughly I would have waited a couple more days to take it in.

I had frequently seen the outfit that hauled the backhoe running with empty trailers on my commutes and decided to stop by their shop on a whim. Turns out that the owner often left the yard towing empty trailers in the mornings to move equipment between job sites. Then he was dead heading back empty in the evenings to his yard about 5 miles from my house. The rental yard would have basically charged me about $400 for the two trips that he did for $195. I only threw that out there as a possibility that you might think of a similar outfit in your area. A phone call or just stopping in to ask what they would charge is free.

/ Loader Failure #30  
Ok, I just looked up the charge for "trucking" from a repair in June of 2008. For the 40 mile pickup and drop off the dealer charged me $85. Basically they charged me $0.50 per mile for 160 miles. That was on a used tractor, 3 point hitch repair, not under warranty. This is a large dealer with at least 14 dealerships selling Ag, construction, cuts, etc. I'm sure the rate has gone up some in 5 years but not that much.

I'd like to know what they end up charging you.

Kevin