Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT335 + Kubota BX2370-1

Default Re: Loader Failure

So how did the hood get dented in this process anyway? Did the loader arm move over that far and hit it?
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

"...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1529

The dealers would do better if they just set there prices to be competitive rather than extreme, that's how we all go and get what we can at a cheaper price rather than let the dealer do things that would cost us a little bit more and they could inspect the machine for other problems and repair as well !!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland 1720

I purchased my 1999 New Holland 1720 used in 2006...
    Affixed clearly on the machine is a sticker that states transportation to and from dealership is not covered under warranty...
    That said, my dealership offers pick-up and transport of your tractor to the dealership for a set fee of $30 as long as the transport is not over 20 miles or so...
    Seems reasonable to me...
    Insurance, taxes, tags, cost of maintenance for the truck, etc... is expensive...
    With that said, I would think that if I was in a warranty situation like yours that $350 haul bill would be reduced somewhat for good will to the customer...
    40 miles one way equates to 80 miles round trip...
    80 x 2 = 160 miles...
    They are charging $2 a mile and that is pretty much the going rate...

Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

Quote Originally Posted by Turbys_1700 View Post
    I purchased my 1999 New Holland 1720 used in 2006...
    40 miles one way equates to 80 miles round trip...
    80 x 2 = 160 miles...
    They are charging $2 a mile and that is pretty much the going rate...
    Although, often the rate is $2 per LOADED MILE.
    Or the oneway distance.

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

Quote Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
    Although, often the rate is $2 per LOADED MILE.
    Or the oneway distance.
    So who pays for the gas, wear and tear and driver's wages when not loaded?
    I would think the cost is pretty much the same each way, loaded or not. The only savings might be a bit of gas when not loaded due to a bit less weight. In an earlier post I suggested he phone around to towing companies to see if he can get it for less, most tow truck operators seem to have flat deck trucks now.
    That way he can also see if the charge of $350.00 is fair.

Tractor

One often sees charges "per loaded mile". I think the return trip is calculated into the cost.

When you take a TAXI ride, you pay for the time you spend in the car, not the time the taxi spent to come get you, or spent heading to pick up the next fare.

On a longhaul truck, they will often try to find something to carry both ways, but for local transport that may not be practical.

Tractor
    SOLD L2800DT-F, purchased Kioti CK20 HST

Everyone understands that the "dealer" does not cover transportation cost, however Kioti should in this case, seeing, and I am guessing this is an atypical case, if not I have bought the wrong brand of tractor, and should be handled as such. This has left me with a bad feeling about Kioti and could sway me to stay away from the brand in future purchases.
    Kioti is lucky no one got seriously hurt and a lawsuit was not filed regarding manufacture negligence.
    Come on Kioti cough up the dealer cost for transport, only right. My $.02

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

A contractor I know only uses CAT equipment... had a skid-steer almost out of warranty that had a problem.

Dealer dropped off a free loaner and covered transportation.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Catastrophic failure due to defects in materials/workmanship. This is not a simple under warranty covered repair like a bad instrument cluster, or similar. Kioti should step up and cover the entire cost of effecting a fast and safe repair for the owner without any expense to him. It's called good will, and Kioti can afford to pay for it and write it off as a business expense. NOT every repair which needs transport should be covered, but this is one of the ones that deserves to be covered by Kioti.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor

Is there anything the user could have done to weaken the joint?

I was talking to a neighbor today who said his brother was propping the tractor up with the bucket (perhaps a crosswise extension on it) while using the backhoe, and the side to side action of the backhoe would tear up the bucket, although as I understood it was the mount between the bucket and the front end loader.

Even if the failure happened while working in the barn, it could have been weakened from earlier work.

Still, a catastrophic failure is not desirable.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast