Loader Loader Failure

/ Loader Failure #1  

bullopa

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE
Hey anyone out there ever have this problem. My Kioti DK40SE is 10 months old and this happened while move a load of manure. Kioti is replacing the armiture structure and the hood, but I have to pay fr transportation to the dealer. Since I live pretty far(about and hour) it's going to cost about $350. I'm kind of pissed about that. Let me know if you've had any dealings like this. download.jpgdownload2 .jpgdownload.jpgdownload2 .jpg

/ Loader Failure #2  
Hey anyone out there ever have this problem. My Kioti DK40SE is 10 months old and this happened while move a load of manure. Kioti is replacing the armiture structure and the hood, but I have to pay fr transportation to the dealer. Since I live pretty far(about and hour) it's going to cost about $350. I'm kind of pissed about that. Let me know if you've had any dealings like this.View attachment 314629View attachment 314630View attachment 314629View attachment 314630

Looks like bad weld(s) to me :ashamed:

/ Loader Failure #3  
Is it possible to just transport the parts that need to be replaced, in a pickup, on a small trailer, and not the whole tractor? Would that be cheaper?

It sounds like you should carefully inspect all the welds. Also look for twisted parts.

/ Loader Failure #4  
Hey anyone out there ever have this problem. My Kioti DK40SE is 10 months old and this happened while move a load of manure. Kioti is replacing the armiture structure and the hood, but I have to pay fr transportation to the dealer. Since I live pretty far(about and hour) it's going to cost about $350. I'm kind of pissed about that. Let me know if you've had any dealings like this.View attachment 314629View attachment 314630View attachment 314629View attachment 314630
Uh, no way, Kioti's mistake they should pay for transport, or fix on site.
What the heck is wrong with greedy companies now a days?

/ Loader Failure #5  
My dealers an hour away. If they can't fix something on site, they transport the tractor to their shop free of charge while the tractor is under warranty, it's just a service they provide to all their customers. I was careful to ask what happens after the warranty is done and they said they would charge $50 to float it if they couldn't fix it on sight. That seems more than fair seen it would probably only cover their fuel for the truck. $350 means you're paying their gas and shop rates for transport time, that seems a little much to me when there's such an obvious defect.

/ Loader Failure
Is it possible to just transport the parts that need to be replaced, in a pickup, on a small trailer, and not the whole tractor? Would that be cheaper?

It sounds like you should carefully inspect all the welds. Also look for twisted parts.

That's what I thought but apparently the whole loader assembly frame is too heavy. Still seems to me they could have put it on a flatbed and then moved the rams etc over on the truck. Then just drive the tractor up and put it on. But. . .

/ Loader Failure #7  
That's what I thought but apparently the whole loader assembly frame is too heavy. Still seems to me they could have put it on a flatbed and then moved the rams etc over on the truck. Then just drive the tractor up and put it on. But. . .

You don't have to use their transport. Shop around and see if you can get it done cheaper, maybe a towing company.

/ Loader Failure #8  
I would tell them that you want a new loader not a repaired one it will never be same. Also they should haul it for you. You paid for a new tractor, should be like a new tractor. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Loader Failure #9  
I would tell them that you want a new loader not a repaired one it will never be same. Also they should haul it for you. You paid for a new tractor, should be like a new tractor. Good luck.

I agree with your first statement, but it's not going to happen. They will repair it and that is what is required under the warranty. I also think it should be good as new if it is done properly.

Paying for transportation sucks, but it is what it is. You buy something from a store, they will happily have it fixed under warranty (and often exchange it), but they won't come to your house to pick it up, you need to bring it back to the store. Same for a tractor. The dealer has costs that he needs to cover, he's got a business to run and a family to feed. I don't think he needs to try and make big money off this type of situation, he should just be looking to cover his costs. I'd encourage the OP to inquire about the dealer doing it for less $ or looking for another way to get it back there, as was suggested by Mousefield.

/ Loader Failure #10  
Read the origional post.
He is getting new loader arms.
The dealer has to swap all the cylinders and hoses over on to the new arms.

As for Warranty...
I tell all my customers prior to the purchase, Warranty does not cover pick up and delivery. As a matter in fact all 40 plus brands that I sell, None of the manufactures pay for pick/delivery.