Tachometer not working

/ Tachometer not working #1  

Mad Dog

Tractor
Kioti DK35
Hey all, just picked up my first tractor, a used DK35 with loader and SMC 75 backhoe. The tachometer guage isn't working, has anyone else had an issue with this? curious if its a loose connection or a if there is a sending unit of some sort that is out. Can you get repair manuals for these tractors?

Thanks

/ Tachometer not working #2  
Is yours a SE? Yes they do have repair books at the dealer.

/ Tachometer not working #3  
Something similar happened on my DK45S. Problem was a disconnected electrical connector on the RPM transducer. The transducer (on mine) is on the right front of the engine and the connector comes apart with little force. I don't know what kind of DK35 you have so yours may be different

/ Tachometer not working #4  
Same thing happened with my CK30. Dealer fixed it on one of his many repair trips to my place. I never even asked what it was, but I'm pretty sure no new parts were involved.

/ Tachometer not working
Thanks for the responses, I'll do a little tinkering under the hood. I got this from a dealership who took it in on trade for a newer machine. They don't sell Kioti, but searching around here it's obvious I could mail order the manual. I just thought there may be a PDF download somewhere.

I am a little annoyed, because the hour meter isn't operating either. Now I've got no clue how many hours are on the unit. It indicates 421, but after horsing around with the thing in my yard for an hour plus, the meter didn't move.

I'm not sure if it's an SE or not. I'll have to do some more research. It's got a clutch.

/ Tachometer not working #6  
Check under the hood and make sure the tach sensor is connected. Still not sure what type of DK you have but it should look something like this
sender.jpg

Also, you can decode the precise model and year from the serial number.
sn.jpg

At one time there were pdf manuals for some Kioti tractors on an Australian site but they are all password access limited now. The manuals are copywrited. The newer service manuals are pretty good but the old ones are primative and buggy. The parts lists are available free online and they are up-to-date as far as I can see: OEM Parts. But you probably need to buy a paper manual if you expect to do DIY work on your machine. Any of the dealers on this site will sell you one.

/ Tachometer not working #7  
Check under the hood and make sure the tach sensor is connected. Still not sure what type of DK you have but it should look something like this
sender.jpg

Also, you can decode the precise model and year from the serial number.
View attachment 315783

At one time there were pdf manuals for some Kioti tractors on an Australian site but they are all password access limited now. The manuals are copywrited. The newer service manuals are pretty good but the old ones are primative and buggy. The parts lists are available free online and they are up-to-date as far as I can see: OEM Parts. But you probably need to buy a paper manual if you expect to do DIY work on your machine. Any of the dealers on this site will sell you one.

/ Tachometer not working
Thanks for the detailed response, Scott. I'm pretty sure I have a straight up DK35 I can't find anything in the paperwork I was given to indicate otherwise. Where is the serial number located on the tractor? I poked around and it didn't jump out at me. My tractor doesn't seem to have the tach sensor that is in the photo either. I'll check out MIE's website and see if I can find it in the schematics

/ Tachometer not working
I found it. looks like my tach is mechanical and the end of the cable shaft that inserts into the gear housing rusted off. Next question, would this drive the hour meter? Seems unlikely, but you never know.