CK20 HST power steering problem

/ CK20 HST power steering problem #1  

mistermcgoo

Bronze Member
I had been noticing every once in a while the power steering would hesitate while turning the steering wheel. Today it stiffened right up and will only work if the tractor is moving and even then it is not very responsive. At a stop, the tires will barely turn if at all unless I bump the tractor forward/back.

Any ideas?

/ CK20 HST power steering problem #2  
I had been noticing every once in a while the power steering would hesitate while turning the steering wheel. Today it stiffened right up and will only work if the tractor is moving and even then it is not very responsive. At a stop, the tires will barely turn if at all unless I bump the tractor forward/back.

Any ideas?

This happened to me, and it turned out to be low on HYD. Fluid

/ CK20 HST power steering problem #3  
I had stiff steering on my CK 25, while really working the hydraulics. With a skidder winch on the 3 pt hitch, and pulling a heavy log, the tractor would struggle to lift the winch. Steering seemed to be somewhat rigid. Is it possible your taxing the hydraulic system somehow? Like maybe the rear remote switch is engaged?

/ CK20 HST power steering problem
Sorry for long delay in replying.

It is not low on Hyd fluid. FEL, rear box blade, transmission seem to work fine, so I'm assuming something is wrong in the power steering circuit, possibly the relief valve or air in the system? It's looking like a call and trip to the dealer.